Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael Spinks, Marvin Hagler and SRL

Comment

Ray Leonard is doing pretty good.

Hopkins and Mosley also look like they're on the right track.

I haven't heard any financial problems from Calzaghe either.

Comment

My man Winky is doing good too, and he was semi-retired for years before he really retired.

Comment

I dont understand how guys with 100m + in the bank could go bankrupt surely you could live off the intrest alone

Comment

Originally posted by jamiegeorge91 View Post
            I dont understand how guys with 100m + in the bank could go bankrupt surely you could live off the intrest alone
            its easy man bad investments out of subject but carl schilling from boston red sox is broke right now cause he invested all 185 million on a company that went bankrupt and he lost it all its call bad investments.......u have to be smart with ur money and not have bunch of morons advising u to do the wrong thing,,,,, thats my honest opinion and living out of interest will be sufficient maybe for u and people like me but for people with their life style may not be enough they sometime spend more than they will earn out of interests....

Comment

How's Barrera doing financially?

Haven't heard about any money problems with him thankfully so i hope he's in a good financial position.

Comment

Tim Bradley said on 24/7 he was happy with his situation money wise n didnt know what to do with the 5 million guaranteed

I also cant understand how they go broke so easy after so much money seems impossible to me to go bankrupt so easy lol but i never been there so i cant be so sure

Comment

Originally posted by jamiegeorge91 View Post
                  One of the key reasons is that they never actually have the money it's claimed they do. After taxes and payouts etc. 100M can become a 20 net pretty quick. If you spent like you had 100, you're screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                    The majority will be financially sound, I imagine.

You can often tell which fighters will have money problems early on; the one's who lack any type of intelligence, have huge entourages comprised of hangers on, often spend huge amounts of money on silly things etc...
                    Floyd Mayweather Jr. came to mind when I read this. I think he will gamble and blow his money away.

Comment

Positive thread for a change. They should provide a good model for boxers who are making good money at present.

Comment

Working...
                      X