Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd's opponents explain why he's so difficult to beat.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd's opponents explain why he's so difficult to beat.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/fighte...175311878.html

Ricky Hatton (lost by knockout, December 8, 2007)

"I was fighting a genius, a boxing artist. I was getting more and more frustrated. Lose your cool against Floyd Mayweather and what you do is you get knocked out." — to Showtime

Oscar De La Hoya (lost by split decision, May 5, 2007):

"Now we have to give credit to Mayweather because what Mayweather can do is what Mayweather Sr. calls 'walking your opponent down.' So what he does is he gets in the pocket and covers himself and he'll walk you down. And he'll let you throw punches and Pacquiao is probably going to keep throwing punches in bunches and he might tire himself out while Mayweather is just blocking everything. And then Mayweather can just come, throw his combinations of two or three punches, win the round, put the rounds in the bag, and win the fight." — to HBO

Canelo Alvarez (lost by majority decision, September 14, 2013)

"He doesn't expose anything. He's a fighter that if with three punches he wins the round from you, he's fine with that. He doesn't expose anything and give a beautiful fight. He doesn't care in what way he wins as long as he wins." — to FightHype

"He's very fast and accurate and moreso when he's just trying to make points. I didn't really feel his punches were that strong. But he's making points and he's very fast." — at his post-fight press conference

Shane Mosley (lost by unanimous decision, May 1, 2011)

"I felt that I had the advantage on Floyd. I was very certain that I could hit him with good shots and I thought that could be the difference. I caught him when he thought that he was out of the way. I kind of slid it, a veteran move, and caught him right on the button and rocked him. He was surprised and I was like, 'Wow, this is my chance. I'm going to get him. I'm going to knock him out.' But I just couldn't. He made the adjustment. He was able to capitalize. After that the fight was over. Mayweather did what he was supposed to do as a champion to win." — to Showtime

Juan Manuel Marquez (lost by unanimous decision, September 19, 2009)

"Mayweather has had great defense, long arms, and he's very smart." — to Showtime

"Mayweather’s reaction time is amazing. He sees what you are about to throw and is out of there before you can punch." — to WSJ

Zab Judah (lost by unanimous decision, April 8, 2006)

"His defense is still impregnable, his hand speed is still super fast, his conditioning is always marvelous. What can you say? The guy, he’s probably one of the hardest working fighters in boxing." — to Mark Giongco

Jose Harris (won in court)

"I didn't really feel his punches but he kept hitting me while i was down. Also i didn't get paid for the fight."

Comment

What im getting is that Floyd is hard to hit and score points on. And he makes sure he hits you 3 or 4 times more than you hit him.

He don't get that tired as he don't put his all in the punches, but they are definitely hard enough to score.

Comment

Here come the pacman fanboys mad at all of these fighters

Comment

Now ask them all why Pacquiao is so hard to beat.

Comment

pacquiao is good but Floyd is simply better. The world will see two of the best but only one Great. Mayweather Jr. wil beat Pacquiao and with that victory, he will be considered for greatest fighter ever.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
              Now ask them all why Pacquiao is so hard to beat.
              Tim bradley: "he's just so fast, so many angles"
              Rios: "so f******g fast man"
              Cotto: "power"
              Mosley "I thought this guy can't hurt me he's too small then bang"
              Clottey "bang, bang, BANG!"
              Hatton "so fast and powerful"
              Algieri "angles"
              Marquez "unorthodox punches from everywhere"
              De La Hoya "so fast he's like a fly you can't brush away"
              Diaz (see Rios)
              Margarito "I tried but I couldn't beat best fighter in the world today"

Comment

Originally posted by Street View Post
                pacquiao is good but Floyd is simply better. The world will see two of the best but only one Great. Mayweather Jr. wil beat Pacquiao and with that victory, he will be considered for greatest fighter ever.
                One guy great at avoiding shots, the other, great at landing shot nobody expects. Both are great, one has flawless history, other has beaten other ATG's.

Comment

Originally posted by jmc90 View Post
                  Algieri "angles"
                  Diaz (see Rios)
                  Going for floyd but green k

Comment

Originally posted by jmc90 View Post
                    Algieri "angles"
                    Diaz (see Rios)
                    Yep, war pacman!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X