Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lamont Peterson is under-rated and over-looked due to Boxing casuals!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here comes the spin

pathetic.

he's a cheater who deserves no respect. he should be happy he isnt homeless and making a living

Comment

Originally posted by JACK1190 View Post
      I knew he'd put up a good fight and could win if he and his team stuck to a decent game plan. I mean look at the fight he put up against Khan, steroids or no steroids that was a good performance.
      People want to deny the fact that Lamont Peterson is actually champion caliber. The Matthyse fight was stopped early, if the guy stood up and was willing to fight, then he should be able to continue especially going by Lamont Peterson's reputation and proven track record to weather punches better as the fight wanes on. Also Matthyse starts to fades as fight go over the course of rounds, while Peterson gets better. Matthyse hit Lamont Peterson with his best shot, slack jawed and everything and the GUY STOOD UP willing to still bang it with him. Lamont Peterson is susceptible to get knocked down, and to get hit with flush hard shots early in the fight. However, he always become beastly and better as the fight continues. EVERY fight, even the Khan fight, Khan couldn't take the constant pressure. Matthyse would had possibly folded like he did against Judah and Alexander, not being able to get his man out of there who only seems to gain more confidence would had broken him as it did when he fought Garcia. SMOGER stopped a great fight.

Anyway Garcia beat Lamont Peterson based on rounds won. So people need to stfu about Garcia losing or lost. People are now just noticing Lamont Peterson way of fighting and how great his inside fighting is based off their surmounting hatred of Garcia. It's amazing...
      Last edited by Brickyardigan; 04-14-2015, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MELLY-MEL... View Post
        Hes a good solid fighter, but has mainly lost to the top fighters he faced and was also busted cheating. Not much more to say.
        Yeah its not really a question about who he has beaten but has only lost to the best available fighters he could face while he does have a few solid wins.

Comment

I knew he'd put up a good fight and could win if he and his team stuck to a decent game plan. I mean look at the fight he put up against Khan, steroids or no steroids that was a good performance.
          Something seriously wrong with that statement

Comment

I like Peterson even though i'm a Khan fan.

Dude has lotsa heart. Just see the Ortiz fight. Lamont will bring it to you if has to.

Comment

He should not get absolutely any respect for using steroids. He got what he deserved in his fight against Garcia, gift or no and that Matthysse KO was beautiful to watch.
              Last edited by Box-Office; 04-14-2015, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Seriously?

Comment

Matthysse-Peterson was a fair stoppage. Any other ref would have stopped it as soon as Peterson tried to eat the canvas in the 2nd kd. He tried to get up then fell side ways face first. Right there another ref would have stopped it. Smoger was being Smoger and gave him a chance only to see him get knocked down again. A ref has to live with a fighter getting brain damaged or dying in the ring as being his fault, not you, you just go in a thread and say rest in peace or get well soon and go on with your day like nothing happened. You won't pay a dime for hopital bills or funerals or surgeries so let the refs do their job, if they see a fighter is unfit to continue then deal with it, cause you know you won't really give a **** if anything happens to a fighter in the ring.

Comment

Working...
                  X