Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Israeli Ethiopian birth control to be examined

from BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-21621388

Israel's health ministry is to investigate why contraceptive injections were widely given to Ethiopian immigrant women.

A new committee will look into allegations that this was done in a deliberate attempt to reduce births in the Ethiopian Israeli community.

In December, an Israeli TV documentary produced evidence about the use of a drug called Depo-Provera.

It suggested immigrants were given shots without their full consent.

At the time, health officials flatly denied this was a policy.

However, the Haaretz newspaper now quotes a Health Ministry spokesperson as saying there will be "an in-depth investigation into this issue, even though it has been looked into in the past, to confirm that there is no such instruction by any agency".

Ministry officials, an independent physician and a representative of the Ethiopian community are expected to sit on the panel.

A new Ethiopian-Israeli member of parliament, Penina Tamanu-Shata, from the second biggest party, Yesh Atid, has been pressing for an inquiry.

The issue is extremely sensitive in Israel where the population of about 120,000 thousand Ethiopian Jews sometimes complains of discrimination. There have been several scandals in the past. In 1996, for example, the Israeli authorities admitted they had secretly disposed of blood donations given by Ethiopian Israelis because of fears about HIV/Aids.

i understand why more than half the world hates jews.

i dont agree with a lot of them and how they go about it, but i understand the jew hate.

i really do.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post

i dont agree with a lot of them and how they go about it, but i understand the jew hate.

i really do.
      This is the Israelis, not the jews. There's a pretty significant difference. Hating the Israeli state is pretty understandable I have to admit.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post

i really do.
        Its like saying "i understand why people hate white people'' because of arpathid in south africa

Its an Israeli thing, theres a big difference. WHen you say something like that, you come off as a bigot

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
          This is the Israelis, not the jews. There's a pretty significant difference. Hating the Israeli state is pretty understandable I have to admit.
          This. Jews are cool, just like everyone else, the Israeli state though not so much!

Comment

most jews are liberal, obviously most would be against policies like this

Comment

It's pretty outraging. At least Israel is a democracy so things like this comes to light.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                It's pretty outraging. At least Israel is a democracy so things like this comes to light.
                They might come to light but nothing will come of it, Israel has committed a lot of atrocities and never been punished for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
                  Yes, the Jews I've known in Canada would be against it.
                  Richmond Hill YE YE YE YE YE

Oh wait you're from BC nevermind puto

Comment

Working...
                  X