Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did bruce curry give benitez such a hard time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    I agree that Benitez sometimes gets overrated on boxing forums. But Benitez clearly deserved the decision against Palomino. Actually, that was one of Benitez best performances. It was competitive but I've watched that fight more than once and I don't see a case for Palomino winning.
    just finished watching benitez palomino and Wilfred certainly deserved to win.

Comment

Is is true some people think the Leonard-Benitez fight shouldn't have been stopped since the round was almost over. I never thought much about it but heard that some fans didn't like that stoppage. And if it hadn't been stopped, does Leonard win a decision? Looks like maybe he would, caught it a while back on Ringside and I'm currently going through a Leonard career set. I haven't gotten to that fight yet, still on the early opponents he's destroying with his hand speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        Is is true some people think the Leonard-Benitez fight shouldn't have been stopped since the round was almost over. I never thought much about it but heard that some fans didn't like that stoppage. And if it hadn't been stopped, does Leonard win a decision? Looks like maybe he would, caught it a while back on Ringside and I'm currently going through a Leonard career set. I haven't gotten to that fight yet, still on the early opponents he's destroying with his hand speed.
        There was no reason to stop that fight. But of course I'm one of those who think that the time of the fight DOES matter when making a stoppage.

Leonard would have won handily on points, which is why there was never any real controversy about this.

Comment

leonard benitez was a jabbing contest with some meaningful exchanges. Ray would come in hit Wilfred with one shot then move away before Wilfred would counter

Comment

Working...
          X