Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin-Chagaev Confirmed By Teddy Atlas For Aug. 27

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it's been a long time coming but Povetkin is finally stepping it up against the very crafty and durable Ruslan Chagaev. I'm hoping Povetkin wins in impressive fashion so that he can finally face Wladimir Klitschko, or Vitali for that matter..

Comment

Originally posted by Spit Venom View Post
      you kidding right?

Stieglitz-Gevor was mainly promoted by SES, but this could have been Gevor's last fight with Universum.

well, Oner has got some of the best Cubans, and options on many fighters like Sturm, but hes the wrong person to contact if youre a young rising boxer (which Gevor aint).

Ps. Im just glad Ward and Dirrell hadnt signed up with Universum after the Olypmics. Thank God.
      Gevor is slated for Oner's next card, but I thought he was suspended?

http://boxrec.com/show_display.php?show_id=622136

Arslan is with Oner now as well.

Comment

About freaking time Povetkin! Gosh this guy has wasted so much of his time it's a shame. Really looking forward to this fight though.

Comment

thank you

Originally posted by RSBonos View Post
          Will Atlas grace us with one of his crazy rants about the 'ills of boxing' corruption and alphabet soups ruining the sport?
          Thank you pal for saying that! The Atlas’, that unstoppable vicious chatterbox, coaching of Povetkin until now was a disaster, even for a pompous null like Atlas!

Comment

I don't see Chagaev , Povetkin or Adamek making much of a difference they are going to get punished! Klitschkos run this shiznit for the moment...

Comment

Povetkin can only win this. Chagaev is done and verry inactive. Povetkin by TKO.

Comment

Good for Teddy. At least, he won't be too confrontational this coming months.

Comment

Originally posted by tesholama View Post
                  Thank you pal for saying that! The Atlas’, that unstoppable vicious chatterbox, coaching of Povetkin until now was a disaster, even for a pompous null like Atlas!
                  It's good for Povetkin that the despicable Teddy will not be in his corner for the fight.

Teddy's record as a trainer is something like 1-14 in title fights.

Comment

Decent matchup, but one that should have happened about two years ago. Chagaev looked horrible in his last fight against Walker: he'd lost all speed and snap in his punches, and displayed all the endurance of a fifty year old asthmatic. Povetkin has spent the last two years in the wilderness, fighting the types of opponents that would make David Haye look ashamed. As a result I can't see how the winner of the match (which at this point I'd say is Povetkin) is going to be in any position to fight for the real title against Wlad. I won't be a negative nancy though. If both guys turn up for the night, we'll have a pretty interesting and technical fight on our hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Spit Venom View Post
                      Hopefully to watch on TV,

UniversumBP is lookin to rebuild itself, with new TV-partners. I think its gonne be with Sport1. the last TVpartner, ZDF, realized that these crooked-up, no-matches, boring snooze fests couldnt draw anymore.
                      Many top boxers left Universum, early on The K-bros, followed by Sturm, Dzinziruk, Erdei, Susi, Golden-Jack and soon Golovkin. LOL at Gevor who left and come back, what a punk.
                      I don't know about Universum's future fights, but Povetkin vs Chagaev is gonna land on a Sauerland show together with Helenius vs Liakhovich, Jones vs Hernandez, Steve Cunningham etc. which means to tune in to ARD on August 27.

Comment

Working...
                      X