No announcement yet.

Why Sergio should fight Dmitry Pirog

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    Why is it so out of the question for Martinez to travel to Germany? I would think that this would be a very lucrative fight for both fighters as boxing venues there are always packed. And don't give me the argument that Martinez won't get a fair shake over there; they can import the judges and refs from neutral countries..
    I wouldn't oppose that either. Sturm has a fight scheduled though, so at the moment it's not possible to make.

Comment

There is no excuse for Martinez to be fighting Barker instead of Pirog, Golovkin, Sturm, or Geale. hell, even guys like Sylvester, Chavez Jr, Lee and Ishida are better opponents than Barker. Barker isnt even the best British middleweight, Macklin is.

frankly Im stunned this fight is happening. I thought Jr was going to be fed Barker for his first title defense, but Martinez took him? come on.
      not happy with this. Martinez already got his freebie against Dzin to me, and the guy is the opposite of an active fighter so its not like this is just a stay busy fight.(which would be acceptable in that case, but hes not going to fight again for forever)

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        Thanks, Walt...

Comment

Working...
        X