Dreams of being the Champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreams of being the Champ

Hello guys,
    I am 21 years old, and have the fire in my heart to be a boxer.

My dream is to be the best and to train hard to get there.

My problem is i have no trainer and no guidance and i'm new to the sport.

I have always been a natural athlete and won rewards for wrestling and football while i was in high school.

I am.
    205 pounds ( not fat tho, people say my weight and appearance is deceiving )
    5 foot 8 inches without shoes

I would like to ask for help, because i am serious and faithful at wanting to be the champ someday.
    Could someone give me advice on how to start off and how to go about this.
    I'm willing to do anything and follow orders.

Thank you for your time!
    Last edited by Jmccorkle1222; 02-21-2011, 04:05 PM.

205 pounds and not fat? Do you lift a lot? If so that's bad for boxing as your just creating mass and slowing yourself down sadly.

Comment

Bad? Well i hope i can cut weight.

I don't lift alot, ive always had solid muscle, but i am not slow. Used to be a running back and had the same weight, first string and could plow people down and out run safety's. Alot of the muscle is in my legs and chest. What can i do? Could i cut 10 pounds and do light heavy weight?

Comment

Originally posted by Jmccorkle1222 View Post
        Bad? Well i hope i can cut weight.

I don't lift alot, ive always had solid muscle, but i am not slow. Used to be a running back and had the same weight, first string and could plow people down and out run safety's. Alot of the muscle is in my legs and chest. What can i do? Could i cut 10 pounds and do light heavy weight?
        At 5'8 you will get absolutely murdered if you fight above 178. That's just a huge physical disadvantage for a boxer.

Go get your bodyfat tested, because my guess is that you actually are fat enough to cut to 178 or lower.

Also, you need to go to a gym with a trainer if you're going to be a champ.

Comment

In my town there is no trainer thats why i asked what i could do.
          I really want to do this guys and i'm serious, realistically i could cut down to 185 if i'm working out / cardio. But what exercises to do im not sure? Basic jogging, push ups, sprints?

Comment

* Update *

Ok did some measuring and weighing TODAY, and came to these results.

5'10 Height

200 pounds Weight.

Sorry i gave you guys incorrect weight and height it was a rough estimation.

Ok, So my plan is to get my cardio up, start off running 2 miles every other day for a couple weeks so i can drop some weight prob down to the lower 190's and start doing muscle work outs in between the days i run ( so i have time to heal the specific muscle groups ). While doing my physical fitness tho, i need some skill work outs, so i can get my boxing up. Any ideas??? I was thinking about using 5 pound hand weights and shadow boxing in the mirror and doing some combos. Any advice or if someone would like to train me is openly welcome!!

thanks for the info so far guys

Comment

5'8 and 205? Are you james toney?

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
                5'8 and 205? Are you james toney?
                man im 5'11" and james toney is about the size of a fridge and 6'1" for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmccorkle1222 View Post
                  * Update *

Ok did some measuring and weighing TODAY, and came to these results.

5'10 Height

200 pounds Weight.

Sorry i gave you guys incorrect weight and height it was a rough estimation.

Ok, So my plan is to get my cardio up, start off running 2 miles every other day for a couple weeks so i can drop some weight prob down to the lower 190's and start doing muscle work outs in between the days i run ( so i have time to heal the specific muscle groups ). While doing my physical fitness tho, i need some skill work outs, so i can get my boxing up. Any ideas??? I was thinking about using 5 pound hand weights and shadow boxing in the mirror and doing some combos. Any advice or if someone would like to train me is openly welcome!!

thanks for the info so far guys
                  It sounds like you are body building or pushing heavy weights, this will only be detrimental to your boxing.

Do more boxing training instead of weights.

Comment

I'm in Michigan and involved in the sport. If you want to do something then send me a private message and we'll go from there.

And James is not 6'-1". We were out of the same stable, I would put him at 5'-10"...........Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                    X