Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What/Who does Golovkin have to beat to become an ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no standard in my opinion he just needs to keep on winning and setting up fights with guys that are in the top ten ranking it would definitely help if the guys at 160 (Canelo) would want to prove themselves but unfortunately some would rather fight 10 soft touches to earn 2 million oppose to fighting the main deal to earning that obviously in Canelo case he can fight any bum he wants and earn whatever he wants but he'd rather call smaller guys to move up to him.

Whatever he does I think he is being appreciated

Comment

That ship has sailed. It's going to be hard for him to top his best win Lemieux now.

Comment

Well, anything beats this.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          I think GGG is already one of the best guys of this era without a defining opponent on his resume. He's on P4P lists. He's 1 or 2 @ MW in most peoples rankings.
          Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
          He's the best of this era?
          Don't misquote me man.

I'm not one of these cats who thinks 7 guys in boxing are good fighters today like some of these Sunday morning boxers on forums like this & maybe you do. Anyone on P4P lists for as long & as high as GGG has been is for sure one of the best guys of his era. If you only consider 7 guys any good in our sport than I can see why you disagree doe. Our main point of contention is more about your definition & my definition about what makes a guy one of the best of his era not GGG I imagine.

Comment

Let's be clear. GGG has all the tools (i.e. jab, chin, agility, power, body work, etc) to become an ATG and one of the best in the division.

Comment

Don't misquote me man.

I'm not one of these cats who thinks 7 guys in boxing are good fighters today like some of these Sunday morning boxers on forums like this & maybe you do. Anyone on P4P lists for as long & as high as GGG has been is for sure one of the best guys of his era. If you only consider 7 guys any good in our sport than I can see why you disagree doe. Our main point of contention is more about your definition & my definition about what makes a guy one of the best of his era not GGG I imagine.
              Ha so because he was on the P4P list he's one of the best guys of the era? What if he is on the list because all HBO fighters go on the list? Literally it's all HBO fighters. He is only on there cause HBO and Golden Boy are business partners. Who owns Ring? Golden Boy.

Comment

Ha so because he was on the P4P list he's one of the best guys of the era? What if he is on the list because all HBO fighters go on the list? Literally it's all HBO fighters. He is only on there cause HBO and Golden Boy are business partners. Who owns Ring? Golden Boy.
                He's not with golden boy you ****in ******. You're past the point of being a troll now. I really think you're mentally disabled.

Comment

If he was only on the Ring P4P list you'd make some sense, but he's on plenty of indie P4P lists including the boxing nerd P4P list of choice that transnational whatever the f#ck list.

Like I said our major disagreement isn't on GGG its probably definitions. You probably consider like 4 guys of top ten P4P caliber or something like that with weird math lol. Many fans do that by way of saying "how is GGG top ten P4P" while only looking at the problems with GGG & not looking at the whole of boxing & the reality you need 10 guys in a top ten P4P list lol. Best of an era is even a broader term than top ten P4P in my estimation, but I'm sure you'd disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                    He's not with golden boy you ****in ******. You're past the point of being a troll now. I really think you're mentally disabled.
                    Golden Boy is nothing without HBO you moron. Before Manny retired every single Ring P4P fighter was HBO.

You're a coward trying to defend your hero.

Comment

If he was only on the Ring P4P list you'd make some sense, but he's on plenty of indie P4P lists including the boxing nerd P4P list of choice that transnational whatever the f#ck list.

Like I said our major disagreement isn't on GGG its probably definitions. You probably consider like 4 guys of top ten P4P caliber or something like that with weird math lol. Many fans do that by way of saying "how is GGG top ten P4P" while only looking at the problems with GGG & not looking at the whole of boxing & the reality you need 10 guys in a top ten P4P list lol. Best of an era is even a broader term than top ten P4P in my estimation, but I'm sure you'd disagree.
                      Yes it's clear you throw around the term best of an era. I got Floyd as best of his era, 10 years of Golovkin's career Floyd, Manny, Ward, Wlad, Rigo, Marquez, Froch, Donaire and Hopkins.

Everyone jusy copies Ring. There is no valid argument that Gonzalez is P4P king. But Ring called him that.

Comment

Working...
                      X