Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the last champ to unify their division and reign for 1 year+ w/ activity

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slickslysmooth View Post
    I don't count the Klits, yes I know they are brothers, but one of them has the damn title that Wlad needs to become the Undisputed Heavyweight Champ.

The only fighters I previously stated who did do it now that I looked it up would be: Tyson(I believe nobody cared for the WBO as it had just hit the scene) and BHop.

You could count RJJ, but he didn't get the WBO either and since I wasn't into Boxing back in those days I don't know how much of a threat the WBO Champs were back then (Barber, Michalczewski, and Gonzalez).
    Michalczewski was the wbo Champ for nearly 10 years and beat Virgil hill for the WBA and IBF belts before he was stripped, so jones never really won the belts, he won belts that's we're took from the champ

Comment

In terms of winning all the belts in the division, BHop and Naz (he might have missed one of the belts but I can't remember which one) were the last that I can think of. Although Taylor beat Hopkins for all his belts in 2005 (I think that's when it was).

Comment

Hopkins is the only fighter ever to hold all four belts simultaneously. That definition of unify is a bit too stringent. It's pretty foolish to consider, say, Ward an unified champ.

Comment

Kostya and Whitaker unified individually before the WBO was recognized

Comment

Working...
          X