No announcement yet.

Oxygen pills, whats your take?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oxygen pills, whats your take?

I heard some ppl who run triathlons and stuff take these a few days before they compete. How come they're never mentioned in boxing?

Originally posted by Tu Pai View Post
    I heard some ppl who run triathlons and stuff take these a few days before they compete. How come they're never mentioned in boxing?
    Because blood doping is much more effective.

At least, thats my guess. Do you know if they have a more "scientific" reasoning to these pills? All im getting from google is it boosts oxygen, but doesnt say in what way. Technichally, caffeine does too, considering it makes the heart pump faster = increased blood flow = increased oxygen throughout the body.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Jab View Post
      Because blood doping is much more effective.

At least, thats my guess. Do you know if they have a more "scientific" reasoning to these pills? All im getting from google is it boosts oxygen, but doesnt say in what way. Technichally, caffeine does too, considering it makes the heart pump faster = increased blood flow = increased oxygen throughout the body.
      I got no idea man. I heard about them recently by accident.

Comment

Originally posted by Tu Pai View Post
        I got no idea man. I heard about them recently by accident.
        We live in a skeptical world, unless there is undeniable proof of something, we refuse to believe it, and even if there is undeniable proof, sometimes we still refuse. I guess its just another one of those things that need to be rigorously tested but no one will do it.

Like me, personally, I would love to train bears for riding, because number one it would be like a horse that could attack you with its entire front, bears are easy to make, and it would be all warm and fuzzy to ride, but everyone keeps saying they are more trouble than they are worth to tame and teach to accept human riders. Oh well, no one is willing to test it, so no one accepts it. Its another tradegy of the world we live in.

Comment

You don't hear about it because there are much more effective methods.

I've never heard of Oxygen Pills. As far as I know you can't contain a gas iside a pill. Anything you likely heard like that is a scam. As most gray area supplements are because nobody regulates them to make sure what they claim to be doing is actually true.

However you do hear about boxers and other endurance type athletes training with Hypoxic Training Systems, which boost Red Blood Cell Count for short periods of time [possibly a few weeks]

Red Blood Cells carry oxygen to the muscles and therefore improve endurance.

Check out this site
          http://www.hypoxico.com/

Comment

Actually Caffeine causes blood vessels to constrict

Comment

Originally posted by GroundSt.Pound View Post

I've never heard of Oxygen Pills. As far as I know you can't contain a gas iside a pill. Anything you likely heard like that is a scam. As most gray area supplements are because nobody regulates them to make sure what they claim to be doing is actually true.

However you do hear about boxers and other endurance type athletes training with Hypoxic Training Systems, which boost Red Blood Cell Count for short periods of time [possibly a few weeks]

Check out this site
              interesting.......

Comment

Check out this site

do you know how this works?ive seen another thread on this but i have no idea whats involved in this type of training

Comment

Actually Caffeine causes blood vessels to constrict
                  Very true. The way I have had someone explain it to me is caffeine turns your veins from a sewer pipe, down to a firehose. While the sewer pipe has a larger size, it has less volume, where as a firehose pumps at a higher pressure, which in the end, when it comes to amount of water pumped, the fire hose wins.

But again, I have to say I could be wrong. Hell I used to think social security numbers were world wide (as in, social security numbers were given by the united nations to every single person the moment they are born to keep track of everyone.) So given that experience, I have learned to not be dead set on an idea.

Comment

We live in a skeptical world, unless there is undeniable proof of something, we refuse to believe it, and even if there is undeniable proof, sometimes we still refuse. I guess its just another one of those things that need to be rigorously tested but no one will do it.

Like me, personally, I would love to train bears for riding, because number one it would be like a horse that could attack you with its entire front, bears are easy to make, and it would be all warm and fuzzy to ride, but everyone keeps saying they are more trouble than they are worth to tame and teach to accept human riders. Oh well, no one is willing to test it, so no one accepts it. Its another tradegy of the world we live in.
                    Oh. My. God. Training Bears to ride around on? That's a great idea! Go for it man, you could revolutionize transportation! I'd ride a bear around everywhere if I could. Maybe if you crossed a bear with some other kind of animal you could make it more trainable?

Comment

Working...
                    X