Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BREATHING WITH MOUTHGUARD!!! Exact technique help???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BREATHING WITH MOUTHGUARD!!! Exact technique help???

Ok so i breath through my mouth then shut it and then breath out through my nose like in little bursts making that noise u konw when u clear ur nose.

Is that right or wrong??? What is the correct technique for it???

I think the best way to breathe is how you would naturally. I don't believe someone needs to tell you the proper way to breathe. Personally when I run I just breathe through my mouth because thats how I naturally do it. I wouldn't imagine it would be much different with a mouthguard.

Comment

I just breath in and out through my nose steady deep breaths from my stomach.

if my mouth is open gasping for air im gonna get hit and its gonna hurt.....also breathing through your mouth tends to dry out your mouth which can be very annoying and not helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Peek_A_Boo View Post
        Ok so i breath through my mouth then shut it and then breath out through my nose like in little bursts making that noise u konw when u clear ur nose.

Is that right or wrong??? What is the correct technique for it???
        You should be breathing through your nose at all times. When you get fatigued, it's natural to breath through your mouth but when that happens, breath in through your nose and out your mouth.

In between rounds or workouts, don't bend over, pout your hands on your head and breath in the same way...in thru nose, out thru mouth....deep breaths.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawliet View Post
          I think the best way to breathe is how you would naturally. I don't believe someone needs to tell you the proper way to breathe. Personally when I run I just breathe through my mouth because thats how I naturally do it. I wouldn't imagine it would be much different with a mouthguard.
          You can't breath in through your mouth when you're wearing a mouthguard because it will either fall out or you leave yourself open to getting a concussion/broken teeth.

You have to bite down hard on your mouthguard. Take breaths into your nose and out through your teeth. Wear your mouthguard when you do the heavybag to practice.

Comment

Try wearing your mouthgaurd at time when you are not training to get your body used to it. I wear mine sometimes when I sleep or when I lift weights, just to accustom my body to learning how to breath with it.

Comment

My problem with mouthguards is the gag reflex they sometimes bring out of me. I must have a really sensitive reflex, because sometimes it just happens with the mouthguard in. I'm tempted to buy a youth mouthguard or something, just to see if maybe I have a particularly small mouth. I'm 6ft tall and around 195, so it's not like that would be in proportion though!

Good thing I'm not gay, because I'd be the worst cocksucker.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P Opinion View Post
                My problem with mouthguards is the gag reflex they sometimes bring out of me. I must have a really sensitive reflex, because sometimes it just happens with the mouthguard in. I'm tempted to buy a youth mouthguard or something, just to see if maybe I have a particularly small mouth. I'm 6ft tall and around 195, so it's not like that would be in proportion though!

You can cut the back off a little bit with scissors.

Comment

Originally posted by rmz View Post
                  You can't breath in through your mouth when you're wearing a mouthguard because it will either fall out or you leave yourself open to getting a concussion/broken teeth.

You have to bite down hard on your mouthguard. Take breaths into your nose and out through your teeth. Wear your mouthguard when you do the heavybag to practice.
                  If they fall out, you should probably get a better mouthguard.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P Opinion View Post

Haha, funny **** man

Comment

Working...
                    X