• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuban heavyweight hypejobs

Mike Perez
    Luis Ortiz
    Odlanier Solis

When will you people learn.

I remember for years people saying Solis was the most skilled heavyweight, that vitality was ducking and scared and that no man could ever beat Solis.

Vitali ko2

Then came Perez, and similar yapping started, this guy was like a prime Mike Tyson, everyone was ducking this dude. Now he a bum

Same story with old ass, slow, plodding fat Ortiz.

Ortiz is no hype job. Ortiz possess skills, it's not just power, he's slick for a big ogre. He isn't Holyfield, but I would hold off on the hype job noise.

Mike Perez had a helluva fight with Abragahmad (sp?) and that catapulted him in a lack luster division. Esoecially at that time. 2-3 years ago. Before Wilder, the Furys, Joshua, etc. It was pretty a parent that Perez wasn't the next coming in his next fight right after his big fight in NYC.

I don't know the other guy.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
      Ortiz is no hype job. Ortiz possess skills, it's not just power, he's slick for a big ogre. He isn't Holyfield, but I would hold off on the hype job noise.

Mike Perez had a helluva fight with Abragahmad (sp?) and that catapulted him in a lack luster division. Esoecially at that time. 2-3 years ago. Before Wilder, the Furys, Joshua, etc. It was pretty a parent that Perez wasn't the next coming in his next fight right after his big fight in NYC.

Yeah yeah Ortiz is legit Ortiz da truth same **** they all said about Perez and Solis, y'all won't listen until Ortiz gets expesed then well get Carlos Ortiz or odlanier Perez or whoever come on the scene and y'all will day this is the one right here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
        Yeah yeah Ortiz is legit Ortiz da truth same **** they all said about Perez and Solis, y'all won't listen until Ortiz gets expesed then well get Carlos Ortiz or odlanier Perez or whoever come on the scene and y'all will day this is the one right here.
        It's easy to say he's a bum and wait it out til he loses. As of right now, he knocked out Jennings who's a credible HW. That's all we have to go off. That doesn't scream hype job. Atleast not to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
          Because you talk without knowledge, nobody hyped Perez and Ortiz, the only one who was hype was Solis because of his amateur pedigree, skills and gold medal but he decided to eat himself out of the sport, still more skillful than 99% of today's HW.

Perez was always a fun to watch short HW never mentioned as a future champion didn't have the size nor the skills, Ortiz came from nowhere him like Perez were B boxer in the Cuba amateur program, but the difference between him and Solis is that he got the size and dedication to the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by el_locoteee View Post
            Because you talk without knowledge, nobody hyped Perez and Ortiz, the only one who was hype was Solis because of his amateur pedigree, skills and gold medal but he decided to eat himself out of the sport, still more skillful than 99% of today's HW.

Perez was always a fun to watch short HW never mentioned as a future champion didn't have the size nor the skills, Ortiz came from nowhere him like Perez were B boxer in the Cuba amateur program, but the difference between him and Solis is that he got the size and dedication to the sport.
            Shame there will be no getting away from his Cuban heart, and chin. When he fights a real opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post

Let's see Ortiz against a similar sized heavyweight first. Kayode was a cruiserweight, Jennings was a small HW, and Thompson was ancient. I'd love to see him vs. Klitschko, Fury, Wilder, or Joshua.

Comment

Mike Perez career basically ended after the fight with Magomed. He lost his spark after that fight. That fight really ate him up. Not sure why you're acting like this didn't affect him at all?

As for Ortiz and Solis:

Ortiz has so far proven himself and done a good job at it.

I don't know what's Solis deal, maybe he should have fought at cruiserweight? I don't know. Either way, Solis did have a better amateur career than Ortiz. It's kind of interesting, cause Ortiz was never even the best amateur heavyweight boxer in Cuba at any point in time, although he was still a great fighter.

Keep in mind, they fought at heavyweight in the amateurs (200 lbs). Don't know why Ortiz, Solis, decided to gain 40/50 pounds and fight at heavyweight instead of cruiserweight. Perez went up around 25 initially.
                Last edited by UNBIASED BOXING; 04-30-2016, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  I'd love to see him vs. Klitschko, Fury, Wilder, or Joshua.
                  So would I but they're all too afraid.

Comment

EH! Que le pasa con este tipo!

Look dude, Mike Perez made some serious noise and he lost to a couple of solid heavyweights. I think you're being overcritical. He is a crowd pleasing fighter, very fun to watch. Perez's record is certainly indicative of the Magomed fight having an affect on him. But this guy can still turn it around.

I'm most worried about Solis. The whole Tony Thompson thing still blows my mind. But he shouldn't be discarded as a hype job. So, Tony Thompson had his number. So what. Those who discard Solis could be committing the same mistake as those who discarded Mosley when he lost to Forrest(twice).

Luis Ortiz seems promising to me. I think you're probably going to eat your words with this monster.

Also, they weren't overhyped. A fighter will generally get some hype if he comes from a solid school of fighting. (ex. Kronk & "Hitman" Hearns, EX. Catskill(Cus) & "Iron" Tyson) The three particular fighters you just so happen to describe as hype jobs all come from a place that is commonly known to produce some of the best fighters in the world. Fight fans would naturally be interested.

Imagine if the Cuban boxers could have competed in pro boxing.

I personally hope Solis and Perez start kicking ass again. The heavyweight scene would be that much more interesting.

Comment

Working...
                    X