No announcement yet.

Fury is going to unify against Vitali

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
    Fury would beat Vitali even easier than he beat Wladimir at this point. Chisora gave Vitali the toughest fight of his career since Lewis beat him and Vitali said if Chisora was faster, then he would have been in serious trouble. Fury is much faster, longer, rangier than Chisora.

Prime for prime though I'd pick Vitali all day but at this point in his career now he's got no chance against Fury.
    unless he smothers Fury

Vitali's chin is amazing, one of the strongest in the sport..Fury is a feather fisted giant.. I think Fury would definitely be the heavy favorite.. although I can picture Vitali smothering and wearing him down like Wlad did in the 12th round

But at this point.. He's been out for too long, rusty legend

Comment

Originally posted by E.Z. WORK View Post
      unless he smothers Fury

Vitali's chin is amazing, one of the strongest in the sport..Fury is a feather fisted giant.. I think Fury would definitely be the heavy favorite.. although I can picture Vitali smothering and wearing him down like Wlad did in the 12th round

But at this point.. He's been out for too long, rusty legend
      He won't be able to smother him. That's what Vitali taught Wladimir to do with the smothering but Wlad is faster now and had little success with it against Fury because Fury is just as strong on the inside. Vitali will just get tagged repeatedly from the outside, he'll be much slower, out of practise, and won't be able to find his range. Fury will 12-0 him easy at this point or maybe even make him quit on the stool because of his age and inactivity.

If he was in his prime though I could see him KOing Fury in a great fight but it's too late and he's too inactive. He's got no chance now, but Fury isn't a monster puncher so he might not be risking too much damage if he gives it a shot I guess. Would be an entertaining spectacle to see Vitali come back that's for sure.

Comment

He won't be able to smother him. That's what Vitali taught Wladimir to do with the smothering but Wlad is faster now and had little success with it against Fury because Fury is just as strong on the inside. Vitali will just get tagged repeatedly from the outside, he'll be much slower, out of practise, and won't be able to find his range. Fury will 12-0 him easy at this point or maybe even make him quit on the stool because of his age and inactivity.

If he was in his prime though I could see him KOing Fury in a great fight but it's too late and he's too inactive. He's got no chance now, but Fury isn't a monster puncher so he might not be risking too much damage if he gives it a shot I guess. Would be an entertaining spectacle to see Vitali come back that's for sure.
        Vitali most probably has no interest in returning once again, not sure his heart would even be in it, and he's proven to be injury prone. Calling for this fight now is ludicrous. It's either Vladimir making the final push to unify all titles or we can put the Klitschko era behind us for good.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
          Vitali most probably has no interest in returning once again, not sure his heart would even be in it, and he's proven to be injury prone. Calling for this fight now is ludicrous. It's either Vladimir making the final push to unify all titles or we can put the Klitschko era behind us for good.
          Vitali won't be returning to face Fury because it seems Wladimir is very motivated for the rematch. This was the last tweet on the subject from him 5 days ago:
          klitschko_official More than ever before, this year is about challenges. Besides my rematch in the ring, I will lead a study course on a topic I’ve been obsessed with for years – change and innovation.
          What's your big challenge this year?

Comment

I think the big news might be that Wladimir will go to the UK to fight, possibly in London.

Comment

Hughie v Vitali, Tyson v Wlad, in London.

A man can dream.

Comment

Fury would beat Vitali even easier than he beat Wladimir at this point. Chisora gave Vitali the toughest fight of his career since Lewis beat him and Vitali said if Chisora was faster, then he would have been in serious trouble. Fury is much faster, longer, rangier than Chisora.

Prime for prime though I'd pick Vitali all day but at this point in his career now he's got no chance against Fury.
                You're leaving out the part where Vitali tore his shoulder in the first half of the fight and barely lifted his left arm.

The Vitali-Fury theory's ridiculous though. Plus it would look awful for Wlad if this happens.

Comment

This is the first time that big bro can't help little bro anymore

Comment

Working...
                  X