No announcement yet.

Marquez to fight Pacquiao on 50-50 split

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Le samouraļ View Post
    Didn't we just hear that JMM won't be taking a fifth fight? Why now are we hearing the opposite?

I also don't understand why Pacquiao is so keen on getting a rematch. Sure, he could redeem himself, but he also could get KTFO again. Though I expect him to fight extremely cautiously.

Bradley makes more sense. Correct the first decision with a win, and be able to say you beat the guy who just beat Marquez - all without risking KO'd. Let Marquez fight Ruslan or some ****.

I don't know why these fighters' managers suck so much.
    That's exactly what I'm thinking. Manny's got too much heart for his own good.

Comment

Didn't we just hear that JMM won't be taking a fifth fight? Why now are we hearing the opposite?

I also don't understand why Pacquiao is so keen on getting a rematch. Sure, he could redeem himself, but he also could get KTFO again. Though I expect him to fight extremely cautiously.

Bradley makes more sense. Correct the first decision with a win, and be able to say you beat the guy who just beat Marquez - all without risking KO'd. Let Marquez fight Ruslan or some ****.

its the equivalent of ali facing frazier first before facing foreman, yea foreman would be easier but you want to face your past defeat as soon as possible. Elite boxers are crazy like that.

Comment

That is the smartest thing to do.Fight bradley and let marquez fight prov.Beat the guy who beat you.Marquez just has pacquiaos number

Comment

This article says nothing. It should have never been posted here.

Comment

it's all speculation until we see a credible source report it

Comment

I know it is business and principle alone does not always win, still I think JMM should get more, even if it is 51 to 49 percent. Now that would be what is the right thing to do but business and principle are not always synonymous, even though they should be, but that's an idealism. But JMM can easily tell Arum to shove it. It may not work, but JMM is carrying a lot of power in the negotiations for a rematch since he has turned everything down thus far and appears to be unworkable no matter how much money is at stake which could be sincere, JMM is holding out for more.
              Last edited by richardt; 12-23-2013, 05:32 PM.

Comment

And that article is quoting Chris Williams of all people as their source? Give me a break, I wouldn't use that guy as a source for directions to an outhouse. The guy dreams up negative Pacquiao articles to write about.
                Last edited by doninlouisiana; 12-23-2013, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Paine View Post
                  Arum get's the same whatever the split because he will be promoting both fighters if it happens.
                  You always show your ignorance of what goes into making a boxing match. LOOK UP boxing promoters on the internet. Even there it will tell you that the MORE a promoter pays the fighter, the LESS he has for himself.....and if the promotion is not a financial success, the loss comes out of HIS pocket, as well as all the money which must be paid IN ADVANCE to most of those involved in the fight. In a BIG fight it could run into over 1000 people. I read of one instance years ago where it took 2,800 people fot that one night.

It would do you good anyway, because you might absorb (small chance) the enormous amoutn of work a promoter does for his money......

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                    You always show your ignorance of what goes into making a boxing match. LOOK UP boxing promoters on the internet. Even there it will tell you that the MORE a promoter pays the fighter, the LESS he has for himself.....and if the promotion is not a financial success, the loss comes out of HIS pocket, as well as all the money which must be paid IN ADVANCE to most of those involved in the fight. In a BIG fight it could run into over 1000 people. I read of one instance years ago where it took 2,800 people fot that one night.

It would do you good anyway, because you might absorb (small chance) the enormous amount of work a promoter does for his money......
                    Sorry folks, I wrote the above post BEFORE I read the link. This is the same crap that has been talked about on this site for the past six months. It is not a report that the fight WILL BE taking place, just the usual speculation, or even on a 50-50 basis. I don't believe that MannyP would agree that that split anyway; he'd be crazy of he did, HE is the A side, not Marquez.

This doesn't mean that PAIN (in the neck) doesn't write very ignorant stuff, because he does...always.
                    Last edited by edgarg; 12-23-2013, 05:22 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                    X