Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kazuto Ioka - Akira Yaegashi 6 July according to boxrec!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
    It's actually June 20th on Boxrec.

The man who I would really like to see Ioka face is Nkosinathi Joyi. That guy is the real deal and many view him as the best in the division. Unfortunately it is very unlikely that it will happen. It could, but I just don't see it. Ioka is probably going to move up after this match in order to compete at 108.
    Joyi has been out spoken lately and has stated he wants the big fights, i wouldn't be surprised if he went to Japan to fight

Comment

Originally posted by layton View Post
      Joyi has been out spoken lately and has stated he wants the big fights, i wouldn't be surprised if he went to Japan to fight
      being from south africa, he almost has no choice. its either to asia or to mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        being from south africa, he almost has no choice. its either to asia or to mexico.
        Thats basically what he was saying, i cant find the source but he pointed the fact out that there isn't opportunities for him in SA

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
          He got a good resume for only having 9 fights. I was thinking the same thing the other day. Its hard to say he's only 23 and he can still be growing. He could go up as far as 118 imo, especially if he grows a inch or two.
          I would argue that he has a better resume than Rigondeaux.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
            I think only guys who don't know who Ricardo Cordoba is could say that.
            Oh well lucky for me that I am very familiar with Codoba. And, Cordoba was past his best(Mainly the Dunne fight too a lot out of him) when he fought Rigo though. And, I would say that the Oleydong win, because of how Oleydong was seen as that fight going in, and the way Cordoba was seen going in, and the manner Ioka won, and the manner Rigo won. That the Oleydong win was actually better.
            Last edited by Roman Moreno; 04-11-2012, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Plenty of fighters come back from being knocked-out, especially being that young and I didn't see decline in Cordobas performance, so to me it's just argument created to support given opinion.
              Not just getting knocked-out the manner how the fight went down. Takes years off as a fighter. Cordoba had been a pro for 10 years and had a few tough fights.

So now Cordoba being underrated should work against Rigondeaux?
              You have to keep in mind that Super Bantamweight divisions level is just so much better in comparision to Strawweight.
              How was the 122 division at that time better than the 105 division?

You can argue that Iokas Strawweight resume is better than Rigondeauxs Super Bantam resume,
              I know, and I'm making that argument.

but Pound for Pound fighters on Rigos record are clearly superior.
              How so?

Damn even that kid Casey could have good chance at getting a title at 105 and what do you think would happen to guy like Porpramook against super bantamweight champions? (size difference aside).

Comment

It's just opinion, I'll wait till I see anything in Cordobas performance that could support that.

Even at bad times Super Bantamweight is still whole level above strawweight. Do you seriously rate Joyi,Ioka,Sithsamerchai and Nietes above Kratingdaenggym, Cordoba, Nishioka and Rigondeaux? To me, those little guys are not even close.

Pretty simple my friend. Sitsamerchai may be better at Strawweight than Cordoba is at Superbantamweight because of how weak strawweight division is. It gets a little bit better at times, but it's always pretty crappy. There's just not manny that small people who trains boxing. It takes much less skills to be effective at 105 than it takes against bigger guys.
                How are they not comparable?

Comment

Working...
                X