No announcement yet.

How is a typical boxing gym like?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is a typical boxing gym like?

Going to be joining a gym soon and was wondering how it works. I've seen most gyms say you pay gym membership then you pay extra for a trainer. Do they have group classes? Any plyometric workouts? What are some decent prices? I've seen some gyms advertise $70 membership then $30-40 an hour for trainers and others advertising $200 unlimited for a month. Thanks.

Originally posted by SunGoes View Post
    Going to be joining a gym soon and was wondering how it works. I've seen most gyms say you pay gym membership then you pay extra for a trainer. Do they have group classes? Any plyometric workouts? What are some decent prices? I've seen some gyms advertise $70 membership then $30-40 an hour for trainers and others advertising $200 unlimited for a month. Thanks.
    all of the above is correct. Each gym is different

Comment

All gyms are different; layout, trainers, equipment, fees, approaches etc are all different.

Comment

Damn those gyms are expensive.

But as everybody said above they are all different.

Just go to each gym and see which one you like best.

Comment

there are gyms where they'll charge you more for 2 hours of personal training than a whole month of membership, while there are other that'll cost you $20 monthly and the coaches won't charge you anything extra for telling you what to do

just don't expect them to take care of you for free, unless you're VERY GOOD from the get go (you'll still have to pay 'em eventually lol)

Comment

Originally posted by SunGoes View Post
            Come to PR, our gyms are free.

Comment

Thanks but I was hoping someone would explain how their gym is like. I know every gym is different just wanted some vague examples.

Comment

Originally posted by Tu Pai View Post
                Come to PR, our gyms are free.
                im in a free gym as well

Comment

Originally posted by JayWater39 View Post
                  im in a free gym as well
                  Mine isn't free, but still quite cheap as I pay about $20 for 5 days per week of training

Comment

I paid 17 quid for a years membership and pay 3 every time i go to training.

Comment

Working...
                    X