Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 10 Olympic Medal P4P List! Australia on Top!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember the beginning of that Olympic thread, it was a lot of talk about the U.S. having to rely on total medal count, instead of golds, "because the yanks suck". Or something similar.

Well, the US won both the total count, AND the most gold medals.

So that shoots that "theory" down.

The p4p argument is peachy and all, but it really doesn't amount to shit.

Comment

Originally posted by OlympicGlory View Post
      Population can affect chances of getting better athletes, but it's only one part of the story.

If you get 100 people to train, to 1000, chances are, you will get better boxers in the 1000 than the 100. It is not 100% always going to be right, you may have an Ali in the 100, but you may have an Ali, Foreman and Frazier in the 1000.

Training facilities and other things affect it hugely too.

If population maters than why isn't American heavyweights doing well? It's because being a great athlete isn't about just being put on this earth. You not only have to train but you have to be athletically gifted. There are much more American heavyweights but they all suck because they simply aren't as good as the other athletes in their profession. I just think the whole p4p based on population thing is absurd and puts too much behind assumptions. The numbers are what they are, bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
        Are you one of those guys that cries about Puerto Rico being a great boxing nation and on par with Mexico, simply because it's small?

PR is a great boxing nation but get off your high horse and your excuses. You sound like a baby dude. Step your game up if you want to compete with the top nations. Stop using population and size as your excuse as to why you can't get it done. The UK when it comes to sports if far behind America on the world stage of athletics and as for other sports like soccer it is laughable at how far behind they are of other nations. Crybabies always trying to look for an excuse smh.
        I am a baby? Why are you crying here for son? I came here to say wow Australia did a good job P4P out of the top 10 finishers, then I get you American's crying like babies making excuses by saying:

1) Population doesn't matter - You
        2) It's about how many you enter - DeadLikeMe
        3) Post a pic - DTMB

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
        pick a year keep looking up. Scoreboard b*tch.

BOHICA baby.

Bend over here it comes again.
        Pick a year? I picked 2012, USA were 7th P4P of the top 10 medalists. How about you stay on 2012 son.

However if we gotta go to another year, 2008 baby.

China 51 Gold's

US 36

HAHA

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
          I remember the beginning of that Olympic thread, it was a lot of talk about the U.S. having to rely on total medal count, instead of golds, "because the yanks suck". Or something similar.

Yes, that was the argument going in. People looked at the 2008 medals and were bad mouthing the US because they didn't win the most gold. Now that the US won the most medals, and gold we have another excuse. It's time people stop hating the top dogs and pay respect. These athletes bust their ass to accomplish their goals and for people to bad mouth it and say they accomplished it because they out number the competition because of population is not only wrong but disrespectful as hell.

Comment

& lmfaaoooo at australia p4p...

http://www.nbcolympics.com/medals/su...ngs/index.html

/thread.
            Try to understand what the phrase 'pound for pound' means.

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
            How does number of athletes participating not have to do with the table? It has more to do with the Olympics than total population does.
            No it doesn't

Going off this backwards logic that the number of athletes allowed bears more importance than the total population of a country, Zimbabwe should win more medals than the US at the winter Olympics if they were allowed to bring a few more athletes

Let's just disregard the actual important issues such as funding, or a bigger talent pool to choose from.

Comment

you notice how its always a brit starting threads about screw the U.S., U.S. suck, U.S. this U.S. that then they have american sigs, american avis, their favorite shows are american, bumping american music in their profile page yet they always hate on the U.S.

U.S. has no problems embracing british stars & we always roll out the red carpet for them. They however do. British inferiority complex rears its ugly head again.

Comment

Originally posted by OlympicGlory View Post
                I am a baby? Why are you crying here for son? I came here to say wow Australia did a good job P4P out of the top 10 finishers, then I get you American's crying like babies making excuses by saying:

1) Population doesn't matter - You
                2) It's about how many you enter - DeadLikeMe
                3) Post a pic - DTMB

Pick a year? I picked 2012, USA were 7th P4P of the top 10 medalists. How about you stay on 2012 son.

However if we gotta go to another year, 2008 baby.

China 51 Gold's

US 36

HAHA
                If you went by your theory though, the US would have to win what......150 medals? It's impossible to achieve all to secure some mythological thing like some p4p status. The United States is far and away the most successful and most dominant nation in the history of athletics. I think most people realize this and that's all that honestly matters. I'm not trying to toot my horn, I'm going off real numbers, not some math problem that factors in the couch potatoes.

Comment

Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
                  Try to understand what the phrase 'pound for pound' means.

No it doesn't

Going off this backwards logic that the number of athletes allowed bears more importance than the total population of a country, Zimbabwe should win more medals than the US at the winter Olympics if they were allowed to bring a few more athletes

Let's just disregard the actual important issues such as funding, or a bigger talent pool to choose from.
                  So you agree Grenada is the most athletic country on Earth and must have the best athletes?

Britain Sends Most Athletes to 2012 Olympics
                  Fails to win most golds or overall medals
                  Declare themselves 2nd place winners of Olympics

derp.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                    If population maters than why isn't American heavyweights doing well? It's because being a great athlete isn't about just being put on this earth. You not only have to train but you have to be athletically gifted. There are much more American heavyweights but they all suck because they simply aren't as good as the other athletes in their profession. I just think the whole p4p based on population thing is absurd and puts too much behind assumptions. The numbers are what they are, bro.
                    Population matters my man, but it also depends on how many play a certain sport. In France, 500k+ do Judo, and they got the Men's Gold in 91KG +

If you have a population of 3 million, to get 500k to do Judo is impossible.

In Brazil a lot do BJJ, and a lot are BJJ World Champion's, and a lot play Soccer, and they are one of the best. However, Brazilian's use to play soccer more than BJJ, and it seems to be affecting how they do in soccer. In the UFC or BJJ competitions, Brazilian's are prominent.

I congratulate the US on both counts. They did a good job. I stated that in the Olympic thread.

Comment

you notice how its always a brit starting threads about screw the U.S., U.S. suck, U.S. this U.S. that then they have american sigs, american avis, their favorite shows are american, bumping american music in their profile page yet they always hate on the U.S.

U.S. has no problems embracing british stars & we always roll out the red carpet for them. They however do. British inferiority complex rears its ugly head again.
                      People will always hate the very best, it's just in their nature to big up their agendas. When they get over that, pay respect, and realize that being number 1 isn't everything they will certainly be much happier. Congrats to Australia on a good Olympics but to say they are p4p and had they had equal amount of population that that would mean they would of accomplished 104 medals is absurd.

Comment

Working...
                      X