Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it just me that has picked up a noticeable skill difference in Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
    slower? based off what proof?

flat footed? if he is standing flat footed then why didnt JMM, Mosley or Ortiz have any success landing?
    you want proof on his opinion off something. get a clue you clowns need to start a mayweather fan club and post there. your fan boy tea bagging of this guy is destroying this site. It's not supposed to be a fanboy circle jerk everyday in every thread

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
      WTF I'm kidding you? You don't think Shane would have KHTFO if he was 31 or whatever in his prime when they fought? How hard is that to understand? You're kidding me you couldn't comprehend the sentence? Actually I'm not surprised the bar is low low around here.
      Who said Shane can even land that if Floyd was in his prime , its all relevant and way more dynamic than your hate bias .

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman18 View Post
        just throwing it out there, your little gif of floyds "master skills" is kinda deceptive. That was Ortiz' stupid fault for throwing a half @ssed jab that he didn't even aim at floyds face. he clearly throws it at the tip of the shoulder which is dumb, and floyd hardly needs to roll because the jab doesnt even come near his face. And in doing that, Ortiz totally telegraphed the straight left which is why floyd countered. Wasnt like ortiz threw an accurate hard punch and got deflected or some ***** like that. And the whole fight is full of examples of this. Ortiz wasnt ready. This was careful picking by floyd. that is all
        nice observation

Comment

floyd is the best......he could lose a step and still 10 times better than the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
            WTF I'm kidding you? You don't think Shane would have KHTFO if he was 31 or whatever in his prime when they fought? How hard is that to understand? You're kidding me you couldn't comprehend the sentence? Actually I'm not surprised the bar is low low around here.
            Riddle me this, how much has Shane's style changed from his "prime" to when he fought Mayweather. Even at that, take both fighters in their primes and it's not even a discussion, you saw what Mayweather did to OTHER brawlers who tried to muscle him. Mosley is Mosley, of course. Though, look what happened.

I'll agree on some level that Shane wasn't exactly what he used to be at 38. I get that, there isn't a fighter that is the same from 28 to 38. Still, I don't think the outcome would have been any different had it been 5-10 years earlier. Which is why I was taken by your brash statement of "if he were younger" Like age was the issue. It's (also) styles and skill differences that really set them apart. Did Mosley have a chance? Absolutely. Had he been younger could he had a better shot to stay in the game and do more damage? Possibly. I just don't think that age was everything in that fight though.

BTW, I comprehended your sentence, I just had a difference of opinion. I didn't call you any names, nor did I attack you. So how about you relax?

Comment

Can't wait for Cinco de Mayo

Comment

floyd is one of the all-time greats

i would admit that yea, he "cherry picks", but considering the rest of the opposition who is unknown, y the hell not

no one that i can think of as of right now is on his skill level

andre ward is pretty good

bernard is on his way out

canelo is no where the best, he has a long way to go

idk y ppl keep putting sergio up there wit floyd

like a poster said previously dude fights with his hands down

i think that ko of paul williams really put him up there as an elite

i give him all the credit for that ko, but putting him on floyds level is really not legit

i say that cotto has the best chance out of alot of opponents that floyd has faced in the past

Comment

Ill be impressed if Floyd shows those skill against Martinez, that is all.

Comment

Originally posted by RightStraight View Post
                    Riddle me this, how much has Shane's style changed from his "prime" to when he fought Mayweather. Even at that, take both fighters in their primes and it's not even a discussion, you saw what Mayweather did to OTHER brawlers who tried to muscle him. Mosley is Mosley, of course. Though, look what happened.

I'll agree on some level that Shane wasn't exactly what he used to be at 38. I get that, there isn't a fighter that is the same from 28 to 38. Still, I don't think the outcome would have been any different had it been 5-10 years earlier. Which is why I was taken by your brash statement of "if he were younger" Like age was the issue. It's (also) styles and skill differences that really set them apart. Did Mosley have a chance? Absolutely. Had he been younger could he had a better shot to stay in the game and do more damage? Possibly. I just don't think that age was everything in that fight though.

BTW, I comprehended your sentence, I just had a difference of opinion. I didn't call you any names, nor did I attack you. So how about you relax?

Lets get real here

You or anyone else can have any opinion you want about how good Mayweather is and he is very good, but there is no foregone conclusion to who would have won a fight between prime Floyd(now or at the least a few years ago) or prime Shane Mosley (12 years ago in 2000). Shane was that good - faster far quicker on his feet and much slicker. I remember seeing him at 135 and was so impressed I thought he might really be the next great Sugar. He didnt quite end up in that category but he has done pretty damn good for himself. Same thing with DLH in his prime he was a badass, its very easy to make a case that either guy could win that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                      Ill be impressed if Floyd shows those skill against Martinez, that is all.
                      I second this!

Comment

Working...
                      X