No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Moreno Puts His Name in The Hat, Wants Donaire Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Moreno Puts His Name in The Hat, Wants Donaire Shot

WBA bantamweight champion Anselmo "Chemito" Moreno (30-1, 10KOs) has thrown his name in the hat. Moreno told reporters that he wants to unify his weight class with the new WBC/WBO champion Nonito Donaire (26-1, 18KOs). Moreno is involved in a planned fight with Lorenzo Parra but the contest continues to get pushed back over conflicts with television networks. Donaire won his titles on Saturday with a violent two round knockout of Mexico's Fernando Montiel.
    [Click Here To Read More]

who promotes moreno?

Comment

I read on RingTv that Donaire doesn't see the point in fighting Moreno because of his lack of name recognition. Instead, he'll likely wait for the Mares/Agbeko winner.

Comment

Donaire just beat Montiel in 2nd round so he should be good to go and fight soon...while waiting on agbeko and mares... Donaire should fight Moreno in May or July then fight Agbeko vs Mares winner..can't sleep on Moreno but Donaire is the MAN right now

Comment

Make it happen. This is the fight I want to see.

Moreno deserves a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by truestory1987 View Post
            Donaire just beat Montiel in 2nd round so he should be good to go and fight soon...while waiting on agbeko and mares... Donaire should fight Moreno in May or July then fight Agbeko vs Mares winner..can't sleep on Moreno but Donaire is the MAN right now
            For real they could make this figh and schedule it around the same time as mares agbeko then the winners face off to crown an undisputed champion at banamweight. Too good to happen though.

Comment

Moreno is the toughest opponent at 118 for Donaire in my opinion.Thank god it seemed as if he was going off the rails abit and it would be a shame if boxing lost a classy fighter like him

Comment

Moreno had 2 close fights with Sydorenko, Donaire brutalized Syd in 4 brutal rounds. Donaire finishes him in 5.

Comment

Originally posted by theplayerpimp View Post
                  For real they could make this figh and schedule it around the same time as mares agbeko then the winners face off to crown an undisputed champion at banamweight. Too good to happen though.
                  I know dude..it's way too good to actually happen...I hated it when Donaire said he wouldn't fight Moreno cuz "nobody knows who he is"...Moreno is for real..but obviously Donaire would be a HUGE favorite

Comment

Originally posted by truestory1987 View Post
                    I know dude..it's way too good to actually happen...I hated it when Donaire said he wouldn't fight Moreno cuz "nobody knows who he is"...Moreno is for real..but obviously Donaire would be a HUGE favorite
                    Whenever someone starts talking about whop doesn't know who someone is, it means THEY DO. No one knew who Hernan Whoever was either.

Originally posted by *Khan View Post
                    Moreno had 2 close fights with Sydorenko, Donaire brutalized Syd in 4 brutal rounds. Donaire finishes him in 5.
                    The fights with Sid were not close. Do you know how bad road teams have to beat guys to get D's in Germany? Dude is so good that they can't find ways to rob him (this all the silly SD's). Donaire might win. He's that good. Opponent comparison doesn't work though based on styles. Chavez walked through a lot of guys Pea had to go the route with. Chavez was more entertaining because of it.

Pea tapped that ass.

Donaire-Moreno is a fantastic match and the sort of foe who makes Donaire even better.
                    Last edited by crold1; 02-21-2011, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X