No announcement yet.

Worried about my parents and uncle.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried about my parents and uncle.

So, my mom, dad, and uncle are 55, 57, and 70, respectively, and I'm worried they'll die in 5-20 years. It's really been getting to me lately. Any advice?

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
    So, my mom, dad, and uncle are 55, 57, and 70, respectively, and I'm worried they'll die in 5-20 years. It's really been getting to me lately. Any advice?
    honestly, you will kill yourself thinking like that. Death is a natural part of life - the sooner you come to terms with that, the better. It will be sad when you lose family, that's inevitable. But we are going to lose them.

Hope you feel better.

Comment

no need to worry about them.

because if you keep worrying like this, you'll be dead ahead of them.

Comment

worries and stress will kill you first, enjoy them everyday like is their last don't argue with them and always tell them you love them and the day they unfortunately pass you won't be as hurt...

Comment

You don't really appreciate what you have until it is gone. 7 years ago my mother got diagnosed with cancer so I gave up work for a year to take care of her as she went through chemo and radiotherapy as I felt this may well the last time I will have with her. Life is short do all the things right by them that way when their time is up you have a clean conscience. None of us are here for ever and we tend to take things for granted. Use your present experience as an early warming of how precious life is and act accordingly.
          Last edited by Prince Mongo; 11-23-2012, 02:34 PM.

Comment

I'm going through the same thing and it's extremely stressful, not due to age, but I worry a lot about the people around me.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
              worries and stress will kill you first, enjoy them everyday like is their last don't argue with them and always tell them you love them and the day they unfortunately pass you won't be as hurt...

This. When the day finally comes, youll look back in regret thinking about the times you could have told them you loved them and didnt, times you were a jackass, etc. Dont worry about the bull**** of the world, life is about enjoying family and being happy.

If you can find joy and happyness in family, you have succeeded in life.

Comment

Look at the issue realistically and ask yourself these questions:

#1. Is there anything you can do about their mortality?
                Ans: NO!
                #2. Is there anything you can do to help them live longer?
                Ans: YES!

If you absolutely, must worry about this topic, at the very least do something about it ....... #2

Problem solved, help them to live a longer life and enjoy the time you're able to spend with them.

Death is the inevitable -- and worrying about it is futile.

Comment

worrying aint good for the mind and body... it robs you of your "life" dude...

Comment

Working...
                  X