Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guillermo Rigondeaux vs. Nonito Donaire: who would win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    I don't to be honest.

I want to see Rigondeaux in there with some Top 10 contenders.
    Weren't either, or both of, Ramos and Cordoba in the top-ten when Rigo fought them? Even if Rico wasn't ranked that high before Shimoda, he was after he knocked Akifumi out. I certainly don't think much of Ramos, but Cordoba is/was pretty respectable. Maybe your standards are higher than mine, but I, too, would like to see Guillermo against tougher opposition before a showdown with Donaire. After the Marroquin fight, I'm convinced he needs to advance a little more gradually.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
      Im less impressed with Rigo every time he fights. My last eye test was his chin and the punches that hurt him werent just pausing his forward motion. They shook him to his shoes. If and when Donaire lands a left then its lights out.
      IDK how that's possible, he stopped Ramos and Kennedy and decisively beat Marroquin. He's heading in the right direction. The better his competition gets, the more he will be forced to come out of his defensive mind-frame, and THAT is when we'll see what he's made of.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
        The only way Rigondeax wins is if he gets on his horse and never gets off.
        I'm afraid I agree. If Rigo fought that way against Cordoba...God, I shudder to think of it. Then again, Marroquin caught him a couple of times and Guillermo responded differently than against Ricardo. It could be a sign of what I've been saying: Rigo is still learning the pro game. Nonetheless, Donaire is in a different class than Robert. I'm sure Guille would be more careful. Then we're back to the "boring-ass fight" scenario....

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          Weren't either, or both of, Ramos and Cordoba in the top-ten when Rigo fought them? Even if Rico wasn't ranked that high before Shimoda, he was after he knocked Akifumi out. I certainly don't think much of Ramos, but Cordoba is/was pretty respectable. Maybe your standards are higher than mine, but I, too, would like to see Guillermo against tougher opposition before a showdown with Donaire. After the Marroquin fight, I'm convinced he needs to advance a little more gradually.
          I don't think so.

I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think so.

I like Rigondeaux and I think he's absolutely a good fighter but I need to see how he deals with real adversity or just simply against a top opponent before I start talking about how he'd fair against Donaire etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see the fight, no doubt.

I'm not going to say Donaire destroys him. Just because he's unproven doesn't mean he's not capabale. Everyone is unproven at some point in their career.

I just can't judge him yet, and if they did fight I would naturally lean on Donaire just for the fact that the difference in opposition is staggering.

Comment

Overall I think Donaire is the more well rounded boxer. he takes by decision imo.

Comment

I don't think so.

I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think so.

I like Rigondeaux and I think he's absolutely a good fighter but I need to see how he deals with real adversity or just simply against a top opponent before I start talking about how he'd fair against Donaire etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see the fight, no doubt.

I'm not going to say Donaire destroys him. Just because he's unproven doesn't mean he's not capabale. Everyone is unproven at some point in their career.

I just can't judge him yet, and if they did fight I would naturally lean on Donaire just for the fact that the difference in opposition is staggering.
              I think that, ability-wise, Rigo is at least Donaire's equal. As I've stated many times recently, my biggest concern with Guillermo is his chin. I gave him a pass with his little stumble versus Cordoba. But after the two against Marroquin, one can't help but revisit the earlier incident. Rigo's punch-resistance is suspect. I don't see how anyone can argue against that. By the same token, I think it's too early to say it's "glass." From what I've seen so far, I believe Guillermo might be overly cautious against Nonito to the point of losing a decision based on activity alone. Rigo needs work before he faces Donaire.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                I think that, ability-wise, Rigo is at least Donaire's equal. As I've stated many times recently, my biggest concern with Guillermo is his chin. I gave him a pass with his little stumble versus Cordoba. But after the two against Marroquin, one can't help but revisit the earlier incident. Rigo's punch-resistance is suspect. I don't see how anyone can argue against that. By the same token, I think it's too early to say it's "glass." From what I've seen so far, I believe Guillermo might be overly cautious against Nonito to the point of losing a decision based on activity alone. Rigo needs work before he faces Donaire.
                I agree entirely with you.

Rigondeuax has ability no doubt, but until proven otherwise we have to question his resistance, heart, ability to adjust, mental toughness etc etc etc.

Again, not saying he doesn't have these things. But, these are things that you only learn about yourself until you show it.

Rigondeaux has a lot of tools and all I want to see him now is up his level of opposition. But he needs to hurry, he's already 31 isn't he?

Comment

I agree entirely with you.

Rigondeuax has ability no doubt, but until proven otherwise we have to question his resistance, heart, ability to adjust, mental toughness etc etc etc.

Again, not saying he doesn't have these things. But, these are things that you only learn about yourself until you show it.

Rigondeaux has a lot of tools and all I want to see him now is up his level of opposition. But he needs to hurry, he's already 31 isn't he?
                  Guillermo will be thirty-two in a couple of weeks (9/30). He hasn't much time to lose. But what can you do? He shouldn't be rushed into a big fight he's not ready for. Rigo needs at least 2-3 fights against increasingly better opposition before he faces Donaire. That will give him his best chance at victory. There are many, beginning with Guillermo himself, who would like to see him in the ring with Nonito ASAP. It's all about the money. Myself? I want to see Rigo win.

Comment

Rigo by KO

I have not doubt, Rigo would beat Nonito because:
                    Nonaire would need to attack in his role of "top 10 P4P boxer" and unified champion, and because he is the "Filipino Flash", that way Rigo could counterpunch Nonito easily with all of his precission and power.

Rigo would beat Nonito easier than his previous opponents ( from Cordoba to Marroquin), because they were extremely cautious.

Comment

too close to call

Comment

Working...
                      X