• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're just feeding the beast within.

Comment

Sounds good, lets do it.

Comment

I wonder what insults will Mayorga hurdle at Canelo during their conferences.

Comment

I guess this fight will be alright. the press conferences should be pretty entertaining that's for sure. however, i'd much rather prefer canelo fight someone like Vanes who isn't 10+ years older than canelo and who is another top ten ranked junior middleweight. but I guess after mayorga they'll go after vanes.

Comment

I thought Mayorga was gonna retire and find a new job

Comment

even though id like to see canelo in with a more skilled, primed boxer/puncher like fartyrosian, this will really test canelo's chin. mayorga still has a pretty good punch, and canelo hasn't really had that chin checked properly yet. well, aside from jose cotto, but he's a smaller man. time to see if he can handle a shot from a fully swole up 154 pounder.

Comment

theres a good chance Mayorga's lungs will pretty much be gone by the time this fight comes about...dude still smokes 2 packs a day and Canelo's gonna fight him? This is Canelo's resume over the past 5 fights, Baldomir, jose cotto, ndou, matt hatton, Rhodes and now Mayorga... ok i give you this, the average has heard about Baldomir, but the guy was 45 when alavarez fought him and now hes fighting another shot fighter in Mayorga... hardly the resume of a WBC world champ... he looked great against rhodes, but i think i couldve looked great against rhodes considering rhodes did nothing and jus stood in the way of those body shots...he was there to collect a paycheck and make the kid look good in his hometown... i wouldnt be surpised if he Rhodes was waiting in Canelo's hotel room afterwards to return a blow after all the ones he took in the ring... what a effin ******[/QUOTE]

Comment

WTF!! This is a step backwards! He should look at another top 10 Jr. Middle.

Comment

Alvarez already had another easy showcase fight. Just because Mayorga won 3 rounds against Cotto doesn't mean he's not shot and a top fighter still. I'd rather just see him in a harder fight, even if it's against someone obscure.

With that said if this is on the undercard of Mayweather/Ortiz I'd have no problem with it.

Comment

Mayorga is funny=)) but way past his prime

Comment

Working...
                      X