No announcement yet.

shin splints :'(fml

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shin splints :'(fml

ANy ideas on how to get rid of these shin splints, I can barely walk after running and jumping rope. ITs just intense pain

rest them legs up.. thats all i know for shin splints

Comment

Walk on your heels after.

Comment

I got really bad shin splints during the fall, but they are healed up now. When that happened I just waited it out for a month or two. Do your road work in the grass and make sure your strides while running are correct.

Comment

its exercises u can do. i get them do. u have to lay on your back hold ur legs 6-9 inches off the ground and move your feet up and down while staying str8 as possible 100 times minimum each chin. it works like a charm. ill try to find a video if u cant understand or visualize it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ QUIK JR. View Post
            its exercises u can do. i get them do. u have to lay on your back hold ur legs 6-9 inches off the ground and move your feet up and down while staying str8 as possible 100 times minimum each chin. it works like a charm. ill try to find a video if u cant understand or visualize it.
            Flutter kicks?

Comment

Originally posted by DJ QUIK JR. View Post
              Hope this works bcoz these shin splints mess me up real bad

Comment

I was plagued by shin splints ALL last year.

You have to rest. Stay off them until you can do light exercise. Then keep doing work but lightly, no running. Walking, paced walking, swimming. That sort of thing. No running, jogging, or jumping.

Ice your legs after activity was well and repeat. After a week or a few weeks, they should be gone. Doesn't mean jump right back into it, your going to need to strengthen your calves, to prevent future injury.

You got them because (1) your calves are not strong enough to bear the load (2) the leg muscles around your tibia and fibula aren't balanced. (3) you don't warm up and stretch efficiently, resulting in strained calves which = shin splints.

Comment

barefoot / minimalist running. never let your heels touch the floor, that way your calf muslce absorbs the impact, not your shin.

Comment

Working...
                  X