Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Kovalev deserve more hype than the Triple Duck...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
    I think we'll just end our debate before it even starts.
    Murray was reeling off punches on his face and Golovkin just kept his had there eating them, not counter-punching at all unless you saw something different?

Comment

• kovalev should be ranked higher than ggg. he has a better resume and his performances have been even better. if he beats pascal he will have beaten 4 top 5 guys in about 2 years. but since boxing likes to rank boxers on what they did 5+ years ago as if its somehow relevant today they don't even have kovalev on the p4p list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Murray was reeling off punches on his face and Golovkin just kept his had there eating them, not counter-punching at all unless you saw something different?
        It was obvious he was doing that on purpose. I remember one point he kept his head right in front of Murray for like two seconds no doing anything to get him to open up. It's not like he was doing that the whole fight. The beginning rounds, Murray wasn't able to do that. But as the rounds went on and Golovkin knew he couldn't hurt him, he was intentionally luring Murray on to get him out of his high guard. Funny people say that he got hit so much but when you see the pictures of him post-fight, it looks like he wasn't even in a fight.

Comment

• I'm lost. Did GGG duck someone? Or is OP talking out of his ass.

Comment

• I think they're both great great fighters! They're the real deal and we need to accept that.

- Bermuda

Comment

• Originally posted by Bermuda View Post
              I think they're both great great fighters! They're the real deal and we need to accept that.

- Bermuda
              Yeah! Bermuda, you're awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
                It was obvious he was doing that on purpose. I remember one point he kept his head right in front of Murray for like two seconds no doing anything to get him to open up. It's not like he was doing that the whole fight. The beginning rounds, Murray wasn't able to do that. But as the rounds went on and Golovkin knew he couldn't hurt him, he was intentionally luring Murray on to get him out of his high guard. Funny people say that he got hit so much but when you see the pictures of him post-fight, it looks like he wasn't even in a fight.
                Murray was landing in the opening rounds too. I never believe that a fighter deliberately allows himself to be punched in the face, no matter how soft Murray's shots are. And it's not just the Murray fight. When Stevens opened up and threw shots, Golovkin just backed straight up and ate punches. Never tried to move his head or counter. His defence isn't very good.

Comment

Murray was landing in the opening rounds too. I never believe that a fighter deliberately allows himself to be punched in the face, no matter how soft Murray's shots are. And it's not just the Murray fight. When Stevens opened up and threw shots, Golovkin just backed straight up and ate punches. Never tried to move his head or counter. His defence isn't very good.
                  I heard something on the HBO podcast that said GGG percentage of landed punches vs landed against was 2nd best in boxing..I'm assuming behind Floyd maybe? Not sure if they said who was first...his % is 16.. In the Murray fight it was 8%. So yes, his defense was a little worse then usual in that fight but I don't think he gets hit excessively to the point where he's ever in danger of losing or even losing many rounds for that matter.. It would take quite a beast to go at him for 12 rounds non stop and not get beat up in the meantime.

Comment

Golovkin was very clearly letting Murray smack him later in the fight, but you're not wrong. Golovkin looks vulnerable when backed up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
                      He's already fought Hopkins and now he's taking on the next best guy in the division not named Stevenson in Jean Pascal.

Meanwhile, the Triple Duck continues on his quest to break the world record for knocking over the most TOMATO CANs...
                      Damn this ****** made a boxing scene account, too? Well, time for the ignore list.

Comment

Working...
                      X