Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's putting on the better fights so far this year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
    showtime imo
    What fights am I missing that will be on Showtime? Canelo Lara is probably the best fight coming up on Showtime no?

Comment

Originally posted by way2strong View Post
      Canelo,Lara is the only fight that matters this year on showtime that has been announced

you don't like russell-lomachenko?

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
        Lol how do you figure?
        I was trollin. My pick is neither one cause they haven't had big fights yet aside from their PPV's. Floyd-Maidana was more competitive than expected, Pac-Bradley II was mediocre at best. There really hasn't been a fight this year that I've gone back to watch several times aside from Arreola-Stivern. That was a fun fight to watch.

Comment

Technically, should PPVs count?

This year, I'd say HBO has been better so far. Show had some nice shows last year, but they're clearly losing the momentum they built up. Marquez-Alvarado TROUNCED Stevenson-Some Dude in both quality and ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            HBO or Showtime?

HBO: Cotto Martinez, Crawford Gamboa, Froch Groves 2, Golovkin Geale.
            Showtime: Canelo Lara, Loma GRJ, Soto Karass Alexander.

I'm sure I'm missing a couple, so add.

The answer is definitely HBO.

With the stable that GBP has, Showtime should be providing some spectacular fights and the answer to this question should be obvious. However, if you take a closer look, you will see that Schafer and GBP are not putting the quality fighters they have in their stable against each other. With the exception of Mayweather/Maidana and the upcoming Alvarez/Lara fights, GBP are putting all of them against no-name opponents. GBP can and should do a lot better.
            ]
            None of the GBP fighters who have fought so far -- Danny Garcia, Amir Khan, Adrien Broner, Canelo Alvarez and others -- have fought quality competition. And what do we have to look forward to -- Robert Guerrero against a no-name guy, Alexander vs Soto-Karass and a PPV event involving Alvarez and Lara that should be on regular Showtime.

Comment

I cannot tell a lie. I have to say HBO up to this point. But that can all change. Broner, Danny, Matthysee,Floyd, and Thurman will all probably fight again this year. Plus the Stevenson and Hopkins fight. Right now and through Summer it's HBO. But that could all change once the Fall season comes around. Almost forgot Brook vs Porter too.

Comment

HBO has better fights IMO,

HBO is also making more money than SHO. Sho definitely sustained heavy losses after floyd's last fight. Meanwhile, HBO likely made a huge profit off of Manny's 700k ppv which didnt require a huge B side or a stacked undercard. I'd expect HBO's profit margin to be substantially higher than sho's.

Cotto-Martinez will be coming up next week and manny has another fight coming up in Fall, so i'd expect HBO to beat out sho yet again.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
                  Technically, should PPVs count?

This year, I'd say HBO has been better so far. Show had some nice shows last year, but they're clearly losing the momentum they built up. Marquez-Alvarado TROUNCED Stevenson-Some Dude in both quality and ratings.
                  Marquez is my guy but the Mattyse / Molina fight was a bit better than Marquez/Alvarado .

Comment

Showtime has been showcasing their "stars" against lesser, mostly unknown to the general public opponents. Some of those fights have been really competitive like Garcia-Herrera and Matthyse-Molina. Porter vs Paulie on paper was a good fight that turned into a one sided beat down...all in all Showtime has had the better fights competitive wise even though they weren't expected to be.
                    In the fall we need to see some of these names fighting each other finally..and get Thurman a big name for Christ sake!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X