Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nathan Cleverly vs. Vyacheslav Uzelkov Set For Oct. 27th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nathan Cleverly vs. Vyacheslav Uzelkov Set For Oct. 27th

Welsh star Nathan Cleverly will make the fourth defence of his WBO World Light-Heavyweight title against the world ranked Ukrainian Vyacheslav Uzelkov.

Undefeated Cleverly returns to Cardiff's Motorpoint Arena on Saturday 27th October where he last defended his title against Tommy Karpency in February for his Welsh homecoming with a dominating performance.

The fight will be televised live and exclusive on BoxNation (Sky Ch. 437/Virgin Ch. 546).

Vyacheslav, who's nickname is Steel Power, is based in Vinitza and is currently ranked number nine by the WBO, four by the WBA and seven by the IBF.

As a professional he's amassed a record of 27 wins from 29 fights with 16 stoppages - ten going inside the first three rounds - and is the current WBO Intercontinental champion. [Click Here To Read More]

Not a great opponent but considering it could've been Simic, it's not half bad.

Would not be surprised if Uzelkov comes out as winner as I do not rate Cleverly highly and nor does his promoter.

Step up or vacate.

Comment

Typical Frank Warren fight.....

Comment

i don't like you one bit, cleverly, but at least you're willing to step up to fight the great Uzelkov

the venerable uzelkov

Comment

Poor but predictable choice of opponent. Clev needs to step it up or else he will stagnate. Being with Warren can often do that to a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by thepower View Post
            Poor but predictable choice of opponent. Clev needs to step it up or else he will stagnate. Being with Warren can often do that to a fighter.
            I gotta feeling thats already happening, looks like Clev is only going to be out twice a year and only against opponents where he is likely to win.

Its this guys 4 fight this year which seems a bit more active, Clev will have been inactive for nearly 8 months...Which he must he happy with.

Comment

Good opponent IMO, pleasantly surprised actually.

Comment

I live near the Motorpoint Arena, but there is no way am i going to pay good money to watch Cleverly fight these type of opponents Cleverly is fast becoming a bit of a joke in Wales but you still will get the uneducated fan wasting good money to see these joking world title fights.

Comment

Cleverly vs who????

Comment

Originally posted by shingle View Post
                    I live near the Motorpoint Arena, but there is no way am i going to pay good money to watch Cleverly fight these type of opponents Cleverly is fast becoming a bit of a joke in Wales but you still will get the uneducated fan wasting good money to see these joking world title fights.
                    one guy does it and becomes a legend and the other guy becomes a joke. life really isn't fair. he's just trying to use the calzaghe blueprint to become great.

Comment

Working...
                    X