Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Canelo gets by Lara, is Cotto/Canelo a realistic possibility for December?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Canelo gets by Lara, is Cotto/Canelo a realistic possibility for December?

I keep hearing that Arum is wanting to make the fight in May 2015 which would obviously be a huge money maker in conjuction with Cinco de Mayo. Given December is still several months away why couldn't a fight between these two take place then? It would still be a huge fight and enough time for Canelo to take the necessary time off and still be able to get a full training camp in. I'd hate to see either (or both) guys take on someone else and lose. Why not strike while the iron is hot.

Obviously not a fight for December, cotto isn't going to take it. Maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      Obviously not a fight for December, cotto isn't going to take it. Maybe next year
      Why do you think Cotto wouldn't take it? Is he that adament about only fighting in NYC?

Comment

That fight is very likely to happen and it would be a big money fight any day of the year. I would like Cotto to do what Martinez should have done years ago and that is to defend his title against GGG for his next fight. Cotto won't do this. The lineal world middleweight title means nothing to me when the best middleweight in the world is never given a chance to win it. GGG is my world middleweight champion as long as no middleweight can beat him in the ring.

Comment

Working...
        X