Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward's top 7 wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was impressed with the Rodriguez win. Rodriguez had put in an impressive win streak before fighting Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
      well , the bika win was not that convincing thus why i wana see a rematch...
      The Boone win was less convincing to be honest, in terms of head to head, he has a better shout for a rematch than anyone Ward fought.

judge: Dennis Ryan 59-55 | judge: Bob Flamme 58-56 | judge: Andy Dinger 57-56
      It's been a while since anyone ran Ward as close as that, he dropped him too.

Comment

froch
        kessler
        dawson
        bika
        abraham
        miranda
        rodriguez

Comment

Originally posted by tyger View Post
          I was impressed with the Rodriguez win. Rodriguez had put in an impressive win streak before fighting Ward.
          I agree. Everyone gives Kovalev praise for smashing Ismayl Sillakh but Edwin Rodriguez destroyed the guy that was the first to ko Sillakh.

And Andre dismantled Edwin with ease despite coming off a long injury layoff.

Comment

Originally posted by Xpert View Post
            How would you rank Andre Ward's top 7 wins? I would rank them...

1) Froch. A grade win
            2) Kessler. D
            3) Dawson. C+
            4) Rodriguez. D
            5/6) Bika/Abraham. Bika: C+
            5/6) Bika/Abraham. AA: B
            7) Miranda. C-

Froch is the only outstanding win there, everything else has some sort of an asterix next to it. There's the horrendous refereeing and fouling in the Kessler fight, worse than the bias shown to Hops against Murat. Actually maybe not that bad.

Dawson was drained as fuk and everyone who knows about boxing knew Ward would win and win easy.

Rodriguez is a slugger who is more of a club fighter than anything.

Bika had already been beaten several times and beaten better by Calzaghe...who people say is second to Ward lol

Abraham was already beaten better by Froch and had lost a lot moving up to 168 but it's an ok win.

Miranda was years past his best...

Comment

Originally posted by tyger View Post
              he wasn't impressive at all. he got debatable decisions against aaron pryor jr and will roskinsky and looked terrible against some guy named esquival. people(probably floyd fans) were fooled by 1 fight against grachev where he looked good. if you look at his entire resume he was a C level fighter at best coming off a fluke performance and ward struck while the iron was hot floyd style.

Comment

Froch
                Kessler
                Abraham
                Bika
                Dawson
                Green
                Miranda

Comment

Kessler should not be on the list. He cheated his way to victory. He would have won anyway, but he cheated.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
                    Kessler should not be on the list. He cheated his way to victory. He would have won anyway, but he cheated.
                    His headbutts were horrible and I think Ward should have given Kessler a rematch in København, as a sign of respect. However, the fact that he did manage to outbox Kessler, very impressive, not many boxers in SMW history would be able to do that.

Comment

Judging by the names, a victory over Kessler would be an indisputable number one, but if we look how he managed to win, then the Kessler win isn't that high as he basically cheated and was allowed by the referee to do so. In that case, the Froch win ranks the highest.

Comment

Working...
                      X