No announcement yet.

Ward's newfound power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
    Why are people calling him drained like ward made him come down. How many fights above 168 does Edwin have. And he didnt even make weight
    He was drained. His last fight was at 171 catchweight and before that came into SMW fights at 186 on fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZigga View Post
      He's never been a KO artist and never will. His punching power is underrated though. He backed Froch up in a lot of instances.
      Underrated? It's overrated by Ward and HBO commentary.

Comment

Ward's shots look very powerful, way more than a Mayweather or Bradley, but they just don't seem to do as much damage as they appear.

In saying that, Rodriguez is a big resilient guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
          Who's a KO artist at 168?
          Kessler abraham and froch hit hard.

But i dont get the point youre making. Does ward hit particularly hard? Well no.

No one would disagree with you. Whats the point im missing?

Comment

Originally posted by rr00676 View Post
            Edwin can take a punch...This was a serious shot that drops many people

https://twitter.com/HBOboxing/status/401923508738867200

TS avoiding this post like the plague lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
              TS avoiding this post like the plague lmao
              Edwin was caught right on the jaw and it didn't hurt him. That shot makes Ward's "power" even more suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post
                Kessler abraham and froch hit hard.

But i dont get the point youre making. Does ward hit particularly hard? Well no.

No one would disagree with you. Whats the point im missing?
                You must not've been around after the Dawson fight where everyone was talking about Ward's newfound power, plus the hype recently that he can start knocking out solid chinned fighters. That **** isn't happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
                  You must not've been around after the Dawson fight where everyone was talking about Ward's newfound power, plus the hype recently that he can start knocking out solid chinned fighters. That **** isn't happening.
                  Oh i see. Well in that case im with you. Ward is not a very strong puncher. No need to build him as such. We dont even pretend with Floyd.

Comment

This was actually the hardest I've ever seen Ward punch so there was probably an improvement at least.

Comment

Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post
                      Oh i see. Well in that case im with you. Ward is not a very strong puncher. No need to build him as such. We dont even pretend with Floyd.
                      We're on the same page. Build Ward on his skill, not this phantom power. If he's unable to be a "star" then so be it.

Comment

Working...
                      X