Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybe Manny Pacquiao can lure JC Chavez Sr out of retirement...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
    Then again Pacquiao became a pro as a 16 year old and is the same age as Morales was right now.

It was obvious however that Morales was not the same while Pacquiao is still going strong. No one can take away that first win over Barrera from Pacquiao though.

yea but compare the level of competition from both sides

well i would say they are both about equal as far as that goes so i will shut up but like everyone knows morales had already been through wars.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Tunney View Post
      Barrera had already had 60 fights before his first fight with Manny, and was close to his 30th birthday. He had been through a lot of wars.
      That's just ridiculous. Barrera was coming off the two biggest wins of his career over Morales and Hamed, ranked in the top 3 p4p and favoured to beat Pacquiao who was coming up in weight by pretty much everyone.

He then went onto decisively defeat Morales in their third fight and unified the super featherweight titles.

You could say the same about Pacquiao but does anyone think he is past it? No.

Pacquiao's first win over Barrera is as great a win as you're going to get in boxing.
      If anyone were to beat Pacquiao now, they would receive full credit.
      Last edited by TheGreatA; 01-21-2009, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eastwestlover View Post
        yea but compare the level of competition from both sides

well i would say they are both about equal as far as that goes so i will shut up but like everyone knows morales had already been through wars.
        yep, Morales had already pulled off a Pacquiao by age 21, when he defeated an old future hall of famer in Zaragoza.

Comment

have to agree that i dont think manny is ducking ricky...he is being a greedy bastard. He thinks that b/c be beat de la hoya, that now he should get paid every fight like de la hoya. makes no sense...they were gonna give him TWELVE MILLION to fight hatton and now he is gonna settle(possibly) for like 2 or 3 mil to fight valero? i dare you to find the logic in that...

Comment

Originally posted by JaguarJames View Post
            yep, Morales had already pulled off a Pacquiao by age 21, when he defeated an old future hall of famer in Zaragoza.
            i mean they both became champs by the age of 21 i believe but morales id say by that age was a better fighter by far.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Tunney View Post
              ...since he's more comfortable fighting old Mexican boxers.
              those 29-30 yr. old boxers were younger than half of wlad and vitali's opponents.

Comment

this crappy thread from the guy who thinks a 40-yr. old lennox lewis should have given vitali a rematch. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                  this crappy thread from the guy who thinks a 40-yr. old lennox lewis should have given vitali a rematch. lol
                  This is coming from the man who made 100 + hate threads about the Klitschkos here and at another site where he had several accounts banned.

Comment

word son i agree

Comment

The Jamaican tard is better off trying to commentate with HBO

takes rematches but wont give one he promised

Lewis is a ****ing joke, always has been.

Comment

Working...
                      X