No announcement yet.

N. Korea Releases Video Showing Obama & US Troops In Flames Propaganda

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    While it may be related to it, it isn't the sole cause of it. N. Korea has been pursuing nuclear weapons since the 1960's.

So we can't blame EVERYTHING on America....
    No, it is most certainly not entirely the fault of the US.

Perhaps you missed my post, where I also mentioned China, South Korea, Russia and Japan, along side North Korea.

The US bears the greatest degree of responsibility, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
      That was kinda cute, and somewhat funny.

They did leave out the bit, in between the paying N. Korea off for the fireworks, of when 'America' invaded Iraq on false pretense of 'weapons of mass destruction', including 'nuclear weapons programs', despite UN-inspector reports to the contrary; even going so far as to have the president of the US list Iraq, next to North Korea, and Iran, by name as part of an 'axis of evil'.

In other words, the escalation of the situation with respect to nuclear weapons on the Korean Peninsula includes a considerable degree of responsibility on the part of the US, as well. The breakdown of political relations is probably more so the responsibility of the US, than any other country.

North Korean international politics also can only be meaningfully understood, in my opinion, within the context of the concurrent roles of several countries. By degree of importance (today), these countries are listed as follows: the US, China, South Korea, Russia, Japan. In other words, it is indeed a major regional conflict. The US is the elephant in the room. China actually plays both sides. South Korea and China are in the thick of things. Russia's global power has relatively declined, but it is still a very important country, and even shares a small boarder with North Korea, and is an important player. Japan is a regional power, has a government which likes to stoke paranoia with respect to North Korea, has a degree of national guilt (e.g. fear) with respect to past transgressions, is constantly unsure of itself, and is to a certain degree a pawn of the US (though you'll find people who will vehemently deny this reality, nevertheless. They are just tools.).

The whole situation is very tenuous.

At 0:47, there was that girl with a 'Iraq' shirt in the background. Subliminal message to your point. Not good enough?

Comment

Also, the US was around in the 1960s, too.

There was a thing called the 'Cold War' going on.

There was also the incidents of the 'Korean War', which involved a full scale invasion and bombing campaign perpetuated against North Korea by the US.

They call it the 'forgotten war', but it was brutal as hell. It was basically ended when the Chinese sent in a couple of hundred thousand troops, which pushed the Americans back. The US also bombed the hell out of basically every major city in North Korea, and South Korea was also pretty well destroyed. There were many atrocities on both sides, no question about it, as is normal in war.

I like stories, so I'll relay the words of one of my former judo instructors, who was an officer in the Korean War. He said, that he would like to say that he was made an officer because he was well qualified, but in reality, all of the officers were being killed with such great regularity, that they simply needed people to fill the bill.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post

At 0:47, there was that girl with a 'Iraq' shirt in the background. Subliminal message to your point. Not good enough?
          I missed that.

And I don't give a shit about the video.

Like I said, it was cute and kind of funny. I guess everyone thought I was being sarcastic.

I was mostly just using it to make a point.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
            I missed that.

And I don't give a shit about the video.

Like I said, it was cute and kind of funny. I guess everyone thought I was being sarcastic.

I was mostly just using it to make a point.

I on the other hand was being sarcastic. Carry on.

Comment

North Korea threatens U.S. over military drill

North Korea threatens U.S. over military drill

SEOUL, South Korea -- North Korea on Saturday, Feb. 23, warned the top U.S. military commander in South Korea that if the United States pressed ahead with joint military exercises with South Korea scheduled to begin next month, it could set off a war in which U.S. forces would "meet a miserable destruction."

The warning came as the U.S. and South Korean militaries planned to kick off their Key Resolve and Foal Eagle joint war games, beginning early next month. The allies regularly conduct such joint military drills.

North Korea's harsh reaction, though not unusual, came amid heightened tensions on the Korean Peninsula after the North's third nuclear test on Feb. 12. Washington and its allies are pushing for more sanctions against North Korea while the North vows to take unspecified steps to retaliate against such sanctions.

"If your side ignites a war of aggression by staging the reckless joint military exercises Key Resolve and Foal Eagle again under the cover of 'defensive and annual ones' ... from that moment your fate will be hung by a thread with every hour," Pak Rim-su, chief delegate of the North Korean military mission. There was no immediate reaction from the U.S. military.

http://www.twincities.com/national/c...military-drill

Comment

Working...
              X