Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can certain chins take different punches?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can certain chins take different punches?

When i watch guys with poor chins, some seem to take heavy punches better than fast punches e.g tommy morrison. The weaker chins seem to absorb the heavier punches better, is that right?

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
    When i watch guys with poor chins, some seem to take heavy punches better than fast punches e.g tommy morrison. The weaker chins seem to absorb the heavier punches better, is that right?
    That's because faster punches get to their target faster, so it's harder to see and therefore brace for them.

Being explosive beats being thundering or clubbing

Chances are your favorite knockout artist also had fast hands to go with his power

Comment

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
      That makes no sense.
      How's a weaker chin gonna absorb a heavier punch but not a fast one?

The "heavier" slower punches they can see coming and brace their self for. The fast punches or really the punches they don't see are the ones that hurt them. It's that way for everyone really except granite chin mofos.

But if you got a weak chin any shot will hurt you must be thinking of Berto weird chin ass he gets dropped or wobbled and gets up to take heavy shots but he's most likely braced for them knowing he cant run away.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
        That's because faster punches get to their target faster, so it's harder to see and therefore brace for them.

Being explosive beats being thundering or clubbing

Chances are your favorite knockout artist also had fast hands to go with his power
        Mr. Foreman would disagree. So would Julian Jackson, Pipino Cuevas, and plenty of others.

Comment

Working...
        X