Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you rank Wladimir Klitschko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have wlad somewhere 8-12 resume wise and top5 H2H.
    He is an amazing fighter and the only thing preventing people to realize that is the weak opposition he is facing. But he did beat some great fighters and the only dark spot on his career is that sanders fight. But this version of wlad is just on the whole different level.

I can't think of a fighter of his size with such speed and power. Haye is extremly fast fighter even for cruiseweight and wlad was able to match that. It's impressive. If he only had a vitali's chin - he would be an absolute beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
      He is an amazing fighter and the only thing preventing people to realize that is the weak opposition he is facing. But he did beat some great fighters and the only dark spot on his career is that sanders fight. But this version of wlad is just on the whole different level.

I can't think of a fighter of his size with such speed and power. Haye is extremly fast fighter even for cruiseweight and wlad was able to match that. It's impressive. If he only had a vitali's chin - he would be an absolute beast.
      Name a single 'great fighter' he has beaten?

That's my whole point with Wlad, there haven't been any great fighters around for him to beat, its not his fault of course but beating up bums or B level fighters doesn't make you an ATG. Wlad has never had that defining career fight, that has hurt his legacy and status in my opinion.

Comment

He has a case of making in bottom end of top 10,but so do many others

Comment

He looks good against bums and has one of the worst jaws I've ever seen, not even Amir Khan gets shaken like Wlad does

Couldn't even put away David Haye who had a broken toe and had proven himself to have a weak chin

No ATG heavyweight in his prime gets knocked into a comma by a fat, 38 year old S. African golfer, a bum with 20 losses on his resume or a guy who was blind in one eye

he's a glorified journeyman in any other era

Comment

Great fighters?who are these great fighters??now he may have beat some good solid fighters,but i wouldn't call anyone outside of him and his brother great in this era.

Comment

Originally posted by TysonBomb View Post
              He looks good against bums and has one of the worst jaws I've ever seen, not even Amir Khan gets shaken like Wlad does

Couldn't even put away David Haye who had a broken toe and had proven himself to have a weak chin

No ATG heavyweight in his prime gets knocked into a comma by a fat, 38 year old S. African golfer, a bum with 20 losses on his resume or a guy who was blind in one eye

he's a glorified journeyman in any other era
              Gotta disagree. I think there are some great old champs who could have taken him. That doesn't mean they all could beat him back when. Dempsey would have depended on the era. He'd struggle with the pillow and standing eight rules today. In his day, with small gloves and the ability to pound a guy as soon as his glove was up, Dempsey might win. I think Louis drills him, but he probably beats almost all the same guys Louis did. Maybe someone like Baer (either) or Simon gets him on the way up. The 50s for instance. I don't think Ezz, Walcott, Marciano, Patterson, or Johannson stand a chance. Liston would have but that's the back end of the decade. I also think he could have beat most of the early 80s guys not named Holmes. In the eras where he wouldn't have been king, he would have at least been a formidable contender.

Comment

Byrd and Haye are very good fighters among the others. It depends what you have as a reference when you saying someone is great or very good.

Comment

Byrd and Haye are very good fighters among the others. It depends what you have as a reference when you saying someone is great or very good.
                  True.

There's really no way to know for sure how well some of Wlad's opponents would do against past HWs. I'm sure some of his better opponents like Chambers and Ibragimov would be competitive in past eras.

Comment

I put top 21-30 but it was an oversight on my part, latter half of the top 20 I'd say. He's above guys like Patterson. But you have Jack Johnson, Liston, Langford, Tunney, Holyfield who probably don't make the top 10 and I'd say Wlad lacks the signature win that a lot of those fighters have as well as a weak era so he's behind them but in front of champions like Johansson, Sharkey and Schmeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                      True.

There's really no way to know for sure how well some of Wlad's opponents would do against past HWs. I'm sure some of his better opponents like Chambers and Ibragimov would be competitive in past eras.
                      Chambers and Ibragimov I doubt would be competitive, Ibragimov is too ponderous and his style has always struck me as lazy but you are right in a respect. Guys like Haye, Byrd, Brewster and Thompson would atleast be able to compete in past eras.

Comment

Working...
                      X