Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Japanese boxer Kenichi Yamaguchi says he wants to learn the Filipino style of boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alibata View Post
    According to one of the puerto rican posters here there are around 4-5 pr in the hall of fame (I did not bother to look it up but regardless the Phil would not be too far off). Which shows the ignorance of people when it comes to Pinoy fighters. Villa, Elorde, Garcia, honorable mention in Espinosa a sure future hofamer in pacquiao and potential in donaire. How again does the Philippines produce nobodies.

From just memory more or less
    The 1920's had villa
    The 1930s had small Montana
    The 1940s hadi ceferino Garcia, eleuterio Zapanta
    The 1950s had Salvador Marino
    The 1960s had bernabe villacampo Pedro adigue, flash elorde, Roberto Cruz
    The 1970s had Ebrito salavarria, ben villaflor rene barrientos,
    The 1980s had Rolando Navarette, Frank cadeño, Roberto bernardez, dodie boy peñalosa, rolando bohol, tacy macalos
    The 1990s had Eric Chavez, rolando Pascual, luisito Espinoza, jesus salud, manny melchor, Morris east, Ronnie magramo, William magahin, Eric jamili, Gerry peñalosa
    2000 had Malcolm tuñacao, Donnie nietes, manny PAC, etc etc. We all know wassup.............

Ok that is a champion every decade and most decades had multiple world champions since the 1920s. Back tHen there wasnt too much flag waving so people weren't even aware that they were pinoy in many cases. You can be stupid and hate be quick to speak and say that most weren't great. Hey they were world champions. For those who don't realize facts too well, to use a great boxing nation like puerto Rico who have had many champs.. How many were truly great hof fighters? Haters would judge every fighter and love to remember the hype jobs to forget the truth. The p.I. Has been obscure and fighters unmarketable due to a fan base that was across the pacific, but nevertheless, have produced a significant amount of hall of fame fighters by comparison. but they are back and are strong. Haters still gona hate though
    Great post!!! I know the ability Pinoy fighters have and I admire them as not only boxers but the Filipino people in general. I dated a Pinay a while back and I couldn't help but notice how similar Filipinos are to Hispanics and especially Mexicans. She was very respectable and very humble, a quality that most of the Filipinos I've met have in abundance.

I was just responding to the misconception that Filipinos are just dominating Mexican fighters left and right. It's simply not true and that is not to take away from Pinoy fighters. They are very competitive when they face each other. Both countries have great talent and fighters and both country's fighters should be respected and admired.

Comment

• Originally posted by -KO-Chulito- View Post
      Great post!!! I know the ability Pinoy fighters have and I admire them as not only boxers but the Filipino people in general. I dated a Pinay a while back and I couldn't help but notice how similar Filipinos are to Hispanics and especially Mexicans. She was very respectable and very humble, a quality that most of the Filipinos I've met have in abundance.

I was just responding to the misconception that Filipinos are just dominating Mexican fighters left and right. It's simply not true and that is not to take away from Pinoy fighters. They are very competitive when they face each other. Both countries have great talent and fighters and both country's fighters should be respected and admired.
      I see were you are coming from bro.. To say that anyone is dominating Mexican fighters is ridiculous. We all know what the Mexicans bring to the table when they fight... Excitement, heart, skill, etc.... My all time favorite fighters are Mexican and I am sure the current crop filipino fighters take a lot of their inspiration from the way Mexicans fight..We all know whats up, even the haters know that you can't **** with mexico.

Comment

• Whoopti dooo how pinoys and hispanics have similar cultures---don't mean jack even though Filipinos lay claim to having Spanish blood and fantasize possessing European features....sad case.

Anyways, there's no such thing as a Filipino style...that's the biggest bs ever. They got Donaire and Pacquiao as their only shining examples of adequate boxers and now people think there's a style....wow, their PR people reallly did a number on the public.
        Last edited by rao007; 03-11-2011, 02:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rao007 View Post
          Whoopti dooo how pinoys and hispanics have similar cultures---don't mean jack even though Filipinos lay claim to having Spanish blood and fantasize possessing European features....sad case.

Anyways, there's no such thing as a Filipino style...that's the biggest bs ever. They got Donaire and Pacquiao as their only shining examples of adequate boxers and now people think there's a style....wow, their PR people reallly did a number on the public.
          Ok smart ass.. Who are the shining examples in say Puerto Rico right now? are there enough for them to have a style? I am talking about lb for lb fighters. If you look at the southpaw stance common in many fighters from the P.I past and present not by coincidence because most were right handed..Style maybe???? Elorde a HOF fighter was an aggressive south Paw as was Navarette, as Manny Pacquiao... Why I am I even explaing to you... You a hater... eh forget it.
          Last edited by Alibata; 03-11-2011, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Whoopti dooo how pinoys and hispanics have similar cultures---don't mean jack even though Filipinos lay claim to having Spanish blood and fantasize possessing European features....sad case.

You're a racist tool

Comment

Ok smart ass.. Who are the shining examples in say Puerto Rico right now? are there enough for them to have a style? I am talking about lb for lb fighters. If you look at the southpaw stance common in many fighters from the P.I past and present not by coincidence because most were right handed..Style maybe???? Elorde a HOF fighter was an aggressive south Paw as was Navarette, as Manny Pacquiao... Why I am I even explaing to you... You a hater... eh forget it.
              You're talking about a stance, not a style....I can counter that with all the orthodox aggressive mexican fighters through out boxing history.

Also, u named two fighters apart from Manny Pacquiao...why is that? That's right, because u cannot name more...because Filipinos don't have a style.

Comment

You're talking about a stance, not a style....I can counter that with all the orthodox aggressive mexican fighters through out boxing history.

Also, u named two fighters apart from Manny Pacquiao...why is that? That's right, because u cannot name more...because Filipinos don't have a style.
                This dumb ass does not read well does he

From just memory more or less.. Pinoy's have been fighting and producing champions since the 1920's... NO STYLE????LOL obviously you are ignorant about boxing.
                The 1920's had villa
                The 1980s had Rolando Navarette, Frank cadeño, Roberto bernardez, dodie boy peñalosa, rolando bohol, tacy macalos
                The 1990s had Eric Chavez, rolando Pascual, luisito Espinoza, jesus salud, manny melchor, Morris east, Ronnie magramo, William magahin, Eric jamili, Gerry peñalosa
                2000 had Malcolm tuñacao, Donnie nietes, manny PAC, etc etc. We all know wassup.............

Count Pinoy hall of famers vs. PR hall of famers Stupid ass. There are good fighters(champs) and great fighters(hof) and the P.i. stacks up well considering they weren't flag waving fighters dependent on Filipino fans because there werent any in the old days so not many have been promoted for your eyes to see. How many people here only knew of Gerry Penalosa at the end of his career. Dumb ass.
                Last edited by Alibata; 03-11-2011, 02:30 PM.

Comment

This dumb ass does not read well does he

From just memory more or less.. Pinoy's have been fighting and producing champions since the 1920's... NO STYLE????LOL
                  The 1920's had villa

Count Pinoy hall of famers vs. PR hall of famers Stupid ass. There are good fighters(champs) and great fighters(hof) and the P.i. stacks up well considering they weren't flag waving fighters dependent on Filipino fans because there werent any in the old days so not many have been promoted for your eyes to see. How many people here only knew of Gerry Penalosa at the end of his career. Dumb ass.
                  Sigh...and these are all suppose to be aggressive southpaw fighters...yawn. LOLOLOLOLOL....yeah, style. :lol:

Comment

Sigh...and these are all suppose to be aggressive southpaw fighters...yawn. LOLOLOLOLOL....yeah, style. :lol:
                    Do you come out in the blue moon just to make racist rants against Filipinos/Pacquiao?

Comment

• Originally posted by Seleção No. 13 View Post
                      Do you come out in the blue moon just to make racist rants against Filipinos/Pacquiao?
                      Como esta, punk.....saying the truth hurts, pero, keep lovin' that Pacquiao u have...in order to bring up ur nation...he is the pride of the Philippines after all....or is that Arnel Pineda? LOLOL

Comment

Working...
                      X