Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you think "weight training ****ed Amir Khan up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people have made it clear that Amir should avoid punchers but what kinda legacy would for example Sugar Ray Robinson had if he avoided slick boxers? Amirs gotta solve his problems, people with bad chins think carefully and defend carefully, sure they get hit flush now and again, but not enough to knock them out.

Comment

Originally posted by SpArKeD-CoLd View Post
      do you think amir khan was effected in a bad way by all the weight training he used to do before fights?
      khan's chin is just garbage.

Comment

Its fine saying he was fasting due to ramadan. Why take a fight on a date he knew was going to be fasting though?

He is a quick accurate boxer, has his own power too, but willie and gomez laid the blueprint for any future opponent of amir. Any future opponent with slight power has the ability to put him on queer street, anyone with considerable power has the ability to comatose him.

Even if amir changes his style to that of a real defensive boxer, which i feel he now has too, the further he goes, the harder his competition gets, they wont be willies and gomez's hes facing! he's going to get tagged again.

Nothing against the lad, got a bit arrogant for a while but all boxers need confidence, he no doubt has a lot of hangers on too.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
          khan's chin is just garbage.
          curry chin iz uh joke

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
            I'm with Hook, Amir Khan simply does not have a world class ability to absorb a punch. He looked shaky a few times before meeting Prescot, the most worrying was against Limond, who is not considered an incredibly concussive puncher.

Weight training the same day as the Prescott fight as reported in Boxing monthly is crazy, why he did this is a real no brainer unless he just wanted to look ripped for the fight, the way that a weights session before can make you look?!

I dont think his weight training is to blame for his loss however. Theres no two ways about it, his speed and power are exemplary, his physical training and resultant stamina seem fine. Its technical skills he needs work on, Patience and defense.

I think he may still make it to the top, plenty of world class fighters have had dodgy chins.....Lennox Lewis, Thomas Hearns, David Haye, Floyd Patterson, Ken Norton, Nigel Benn to name a few.

thats the first time iv heard that, i didn't know that he did weights the same day as the fight - my god that so frickin dumb!!!

i think khan does have very good speed and accuracy but he seems to think that hes a KO artist - hes not. anytime hes knocked anyone out its with a barrage or accumulation of punches hes a not a one punch hitter. other fighters like hay and hearns even benn may have had a slighlty dodgy set of whiskers but they could KO you with one punch, khan can't do that.

slowly as he moves up in weight other fighters will be willing to trade with him as well and will know that they can take a few punches to land their own.

as for the fasting thing, well if i was in his position i wouldn't have fought during ramadan anyway. but he was only 5 days in and personally i wouldn't have seen a problem with him skipping one or two fasts and then keeping them at a later date.

boxers by that time are normally tuning down anyway, on the day of the weigh in alot of fighters don't eat anything but on the day of the fight he probably did have something to eat throught the day. especially if he was also weight training on fight day!!!

Comment

Working...
            X