No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather should fight on 4th of July 2015 it lands on a Saturday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    Why does he need to fight in May? Why not July 4th, Floyd fought in December for the Hatton fight.

July is American independence Day the biggest weekend or one of the biggest for gatherings and a big box office weekend for movies.

He would generate more money, if Arum refuses Floyds offer of July 4th we will know Arum is the hold up, Screw May 5th, go for the July 4th date.

Its the perfect date for Americas biggest boxing star.
    It does not make sense to fight on 4th of July. Many people will go out to see fireworks with their kids. While 5 de Mayo. People will get together to drink.

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
      It does not make sense to fight on 4th of July. Many people will go out to see fireworks with their kids. While 5 de Mayo. People will get together to drink.
      By the time the fight starts, it'll be closer to midnight, once the fireworks end.

Fireworks just seems like an excuse. When there is a good show, people will find a way to watch.

4th of July is the perfect excuse for the ultimate family party to eat, do some fireworks and watch a fight, while drinking the night away.

Comment

"Mayweather can't fight on that date because he's not Mexican." Imagine if Americans were saying this about Mexcians there'd be everyone screaming racism.

Comment

For the life of me cant comprehend why the biggest fight possible in boxing wouldnt be on the biggest date Cinco weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
            Canelo said he is only fighting on May 2nd. Apparently you aren't a Mexican unless you fight on that day. If he fights in June, Canelo becomes Puerto Rican.
            Canelo wants the fight on May because it would make the most money!

Cinco de Mayo makes more money than Puerto Rican day in June.

What about that don't you understand?

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
              LOL. He mad.
              Not mad just telling it like it is people don't like the truth around here. I find this funny though "it's because I am black" don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
                Is this what boxing has come down to? Floyd can't fight on a date because it hurts the red-headed Mexicans feelings? Let me guess Floyd is racist for fighting on May 2nd then?

I'm only 30 years old but I'm embarrassed at how entitled some of you guys and your diva fighters are. Canelo, not even ONE TIME in 40+ fights has never not had home court advantage, the ginger p*ssy can't even do it once. He got beat badly in front of all his fans by Floyd and he doesn't even have the balls to go to NY one time. I can't wait until he fights Salka or his rematch with Josesito Lopez and loses, it will be great to see.

Or... even better would be Floyd/Cotto 2 going up against Canelo vs bum of the month 3. Let's see how well he does against that card, more people will spend $75 to watch that fight than tune in for free against Canelo.
                You're a moron.
                It has nothing to do with NYC or not wanting to fight in front of a PR crowd. It has everything to do with money. Everyone knows that Cinco de Mayo weekend is a big boxing date, its the reason Floyd fights on these dates.

Canelo has fought Trout, Mayweather, Angulo, Lara, all tough guys in a row, but morons like you still criticize the competition the guy was fighting when he was 21 and 22.

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
                  Canelo wants the fight on May because it would make the most money!

Cinco de Mayo makes more money than Puerto Rican day in June.

What about that don't you understand?
                  I have said this many times but these clowns don't listen, the same reason floyd wants the day is the same reason Canelo wants it, plus it's a Mexican thing for him, but really it's about making the most money, but these coksuckers refuse to accepts this

Comment

it would never work, the bedrock of boxing is the latino fanbase and we're sticking to what's worked, forever.

changing something this ingrained for what, floyd friggin' mayweather? please, son.

Comment

Originally posted by V.WEBB View Post

You guys are clowns
                      i cant believe i am watching grown men act this way, WOW seriously just WOW!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X