No announcement yet.

Sparring partners....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparring partners....

HBO's boxing after dark has somewhat touched on sparring partners during their 24/7 broadcasts esspecialy during the Pac vs Marquez episodes but I have never seen who Floyd Mayweather's opponents spar in preparation for Floyd. Does anyone know who boxers use to emulate Floyd? Apparently they dont work well, haha but is there anyone out there that can give a future Floyd opponent like Guerrero or Canelo some good frustrating rounds in the lead up to their upcoming bouts? Personally I think the right sparring partner (along with a good tune-up) can make a huge difference in the outcome of a fight esspecially against slick boxers. Your thoughts...

SPARRING PARTNERS are very very important...

Comment

Stevie Forbes is used alot as a sparring potna when preparing to fight Floyd.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa5mHWkEJ5Q

If you need to see him spar.

He doesn't show sparring deliberately probably because it could reveal potential strategy or show mistakes. Which are legit reasons (for me atleast) not to broadcast sparring. I don't think Martinez did it either in his 24/7 with Chavez either.

I don't know why he released the one with Cotto though...

Comment

Thoes fighting floyd in the future need to find someone other than forbes. Seems like floyds last couple of opponents have all used forbes for sparring and we all know how thats turned out.

Comment

wack sparring and funny comments since floyd barley threw a punch the whole session.

Comment

So, if a guy loses, the sparring partner clearly wasn't good enough?? I believe that good sparring partners are critical but saying the partner wasn't good enough is the reason for the loss, when you weren't even in the camp, is goofy as hell.

Comment

Working...
              X