No announcement yet.

Wladimir didn't beat Povetkin legitimately

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wladimir didn't beat Povetkin legitimately

All he did was hold or lean over Povetkin, putting all his weight on him.
    I just watched the fight again and counted all the holds and every time he laid on him. What I found was so disgusting I stopped on the 7th.
    By the end of the 6th round Wlad held Povetkin 32 times and laid on him a whopping 46 TIMES! For a total of 78 clintches in 6 rounds. WTF!

The seventh round was so disgusting that I quit watching and counting. Wlad was actually using his body to push Povetkin down and then punch him. To make it worse Ref Luis Pabon didn't give any warnings and instead counted the knock downs that looked more like lean downs. lol! Such an unfair fight it should have been overturned and Ref Pabon should have been dragged out and shot.

FYI I did something similar with the Floyd vs Maidana fight and the total holds for 12 rounds was around 70 to 75. With no laying on opponents.

A competent, honest referee would have stopped Wladimir Klitschko from using those illegal tactics.

Although he's been okay in his past two fights with Leapai and Pulev, Klitschko disgraced himself in that fight with Povetkin.

Similarly, there needs to be competent referees in place for Andre Ward's fights, to stop him from using illegal tactics such as repeatedly clamping his opponents' arms, deliberately head butting, and hitting off the break.

Comment

That fight was terrible. I don't even think Wlad needs to resort to such tactics as he has shown that when he wants to be a bit aggressive, he can look great.

If i bought a ticket for that fight i would want a refund.

Comment

Originally posted by babynuts View Post
        That fight was terrible. I don't even think Wlad needs to resort to such tactics as he has shown that when he wants to be a bit aggressive, he can look great.

If i bought a ticket for that fight i would want a refund.
        The problem is you can look great against certain opponents but when your fighting a legitimate threat like Povetkin it's better to find a piece of **** Ref like Pabon, you can pay to pretend they don't see the obvious. Wlad didn't beat Povetkin. Luis Pabon did.

Comment

Working...
        X