Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder looked better against Liakhovich than Andy Ruiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

267 is simply too big for him. at 250 he looked flabby & out of shape. he gets hit lots but nobody has been able to hurt him yet. if he did break his hand then he gets some what of a mulligan for not knocking liakhovich out but he doesn't get a pass on being that out of shape. I really thought he was going in the right direction after the hanks fight. the thing is he beat a few C level guys so he does have something to work with but he won't get away with his lack of conditioning when he steps up. wilder looked better with his scary KO but both still have unanswered questions. ruiz is easy to hit but looks like he can take a few. we have no idea if wilder can take a good shot...
    Last edited by joe strong; 12-21-2014, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
      if he did break his hand then he gets some what of a mulligan for not knocking liakhovich out but he doesn't get a pass on being that out of shape.
      That's fair.

Comment

People still trying to hype up Andy Ruiz?

Comment

dude's a bum. seth mitchell would probably ko him.

Comment

Andy Ruiz is ****ing ****e. He's only a contender because of the division today, and I would be seriously surprised if he ever becomes anything more than a contender. He's just not a good fighter in world class terms.

I've been saying since the very start of his career when people were still really high on this guy that he's never going to be anything more than another Arreola, at very best.

Even in today's division the top challenging guys, under Wlad, are still way more capable (and disciplined obviously) than this tub and he'll be exposed for what he is the moment he faces one of them.

I remember watching one of his earliest fights, when he was being matched against guys even fatter and in worse shape than him, and the guy, who had seemingly only just put the gloves on that evening for that one fight, was nailing him straight in the chops all fight with a slow, weak, lazy jab and Ruiz didn't know what to do. The guy was utter garbage, yet he was out jabbing this supposed world class prospect easily and Ruiz just could not get out of the way of it. It wasn't a good jab or anything. Ruiz just didn't even try to move his head or feet or anything. I knew right then that he'd never amount to anything close to what people were saying he was capable of.

Comment

A lot of hate for Ruiz here, I seriously think he'll nab the belt one day.

The Mustard Belt for Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest that is.

Comment

So am I the last A.R fan on here?

Comment

I don't know why people are claiming he could be doing with losing 20-30lbs when its well over double that.
                  If he had the discipline required he'd be a cruiserweight and probably not a very big one either.

He has good handspeed, puts combinations together well against a static target but I don't see much else at all.
                  No head movement or footwork, average power if that. Its not just he is fat, he simply isn't a very good boxer either.

I'm not remotely impressed did people not see his fight with Tor Hamer? He made Hamer look outstanding almost until his inevitable quitjob.

Much better HW prospects out there; Parker, Joshua, Hughie Fury, that tall American southpaw (forget his name) to mention a few.

Comment

This was his toughest opponent yet, which says a lot. Ruiz seems like a likable kid but I find it hard to have high expectations of him.

Comment

Working...
                    X