No announcement yet.

Religion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
    SAbi ko nga. Me gerry's grill din dito, masubukan nga.

Parang biglang naging food thread to ah. Palitan kaya natin ang title.
    meron gerry's grill dito sa malapit sa amin kaya try ko yan mamaya.

nag food trip hehe

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale Cardon View Post
      I don't care what you believe in, just show respect for other people's beliefs. Where is respect in name callings?

Whether you are atheist or whatever, you will get respect from me and from most of the Christian and Muslim pinoys here as long as you give back.

This the reason why I have high regards for the likes of talip and fabie. They can disagree without name callings.
      I could show respect but sadly i won't and i cant. Certain ways of thinking is not good for society. put it this way, a muslim, says "that it is ok for him to beat his wife according to the quran" should i respect him and his book and let him continue. Or should i take a strong stance against his barbaric book and traditions by name calling, etc. its not necessary but sadly it works. Respect things that are ok but despise things that are not ok.

Comment

• @The_Ilest

i call fool and ignorant to those who show it... btw. it's not about product that i use but rather it's about faith... i paid for what i use... but in the matter of religion i will not change it... because this is the truth... and many intelligent people than you esp. theologians, scholars, archeologist and scientist who believe in God have study and prove this things...

in addition about the wicked kingdom who believe in false god.

"Why did God condone such terrible violence in the Old Testament?"

Answer: The fact that God commanded the killing of entire nations in the Old Testament has been the subject of harsh criticism from opponents of Christianity for some time. That there was violence in the Old Testament is indisputable. The question is whether Old Testament violence is justifiable and condoned by God. In his bestselling book The God Delusion, atheist Richard Dawkins refers to the God of the Old Testament as "a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser." Journalist Christopher Hitchens complains that the Old Testament contains a warrant for "indiscriminate massacre." Other critics of Christianity have leveled similar charges, accusing Yahweh of "crimes against humanity."

But are these criticisms valid? Is the God of the Old Testament a “moral monster” who arbitrarily commands genocide against innocent men, women, and children? Was His reaction to the sins of the Canaanites and the Amalekites a vicious form of "ethnic cleansing" no different from atrocities committed by the Nazis? Or is it possible that God could have had morally sufficient reasons for ordering the destruction of these nations?

A basic knowledge of Canaanite culture reveals its inherent moral wickedness. The Canaanites were a brutal, aggressive people who engaged in bestiality, incest, and even child sacrifice. Deviant sexual acts were the norm. The Canaanites’ sin was so repellent that God said, “The land vomited out its inhabitants” (Leviticus 18:25). Even so, the destruction was directed more at the Canaanite religion (Deuteronomy 7:3-5, 12:2-3) than at the Canaanite people per se. The judgment was not ethnically motivated. Individual Canaanites, like Rahab in Jericho, could still find that mercy follows repentance (Joshua 2). God's desire is that the wicked turn from their sin rather than die (Ezekiel 18:31-32, 33:11).

Besides dealing with national sins, God used the conquest of Canaan to create a religious/historical context in which He could eventually introduce the Messiah to the world. This Messiah would bring salvation not only to Israel, but also to Israel’s enemies, including Canaan (Psalm 87:4-6; Mark 7:25-30).

It must be remembered that God gave the Canaanite people more than sufficient time to repent of their evil ways—over 400 years (Genesis 15:13-16)! The book of Hebrews tells us that the Canaanites were "disobedient," a word that implies moral culpability on their part (Hebrews 11:31). The Canaanites were aware of God's power (Joshua 2:10-11, 9:9) and could have sought repentance. Except in rare instances, they continued their rebellion against God until the bitter end.

But didn't God also command the Israelites to kill non-combatants? The biblical record is clear that He did. Here again, we must remember that while it is true the Canaanite women did not fight, this in no way means they were innocent, as their seductive behavior in Numbers 25 indicates (Numbers 25:1-3). However, the question still remains: what about the children? This is not an easy question to answer but we must keep several things in mind. First, no human person (including infants) is truly innocent. The Scripture teaches that we are all born in sin (Psalm 51:5, 58:3). This implies that all people are morally culpable for Adam’s sin in some way. Infants are just as condemned from sin as adults are.

Second, God is sovereign over all of life and can take it whenever He sees fit. God, and God alone, can give life and God alone has the right to take it whenever He so chooses. In fact, He ultimately takes every person's life at death. It is not our life to begin with but God’s. While it is wrong for us to take a life, except in instances of capital punishment, war, and self-defense, this does not mean that it is wrong for God to do so. We intuitively recognize this when we accuse some person or authority who takes human life as "playing God." God is under no obligation to extend anyone's life for even another day. How and when we die is completely up to Him.

Third, an argument could be made that it would have been cruel for God to take the lives of all the Canaanites except the infants and children. Without the protection and support of their parents, the infants and small children were likely to face death anyway due to starvation. The chances of survival for an orphan in the ancient Near East were not good.

Finally, and most importantly, God may have provided for the salvation for those infants who would not have otherwise attained salvation if they had lived into adulthood. We must remember that the Canaanites were a barbarous and evil culture. If those infants and children had lived into adulthood, it is very likely they would have turned into something similar to their parents and been condemned to hell after they died. If all infants and young children who die before an age of moral accountability go straight to heaven (as we believe), then those children are in a far better place than if God had allowed them to live and grow to maturity in a depraved culture.

Surely the issue of God commanding violence in the Old Testament is difficult. However, we must remember that God sees things from an eternal perspective, and His ways are not our ways (Isaiah 55:8-9). The Apostle Paul tells us that God is both kind and severe (Romans 11:22). While it is true that God's holy character demands that sin be punished, His grace and mercy remain extended to those who are willing to repent and be saved. The Canaanite destruction provides us with a sober reminder that while our God is gracious and merciful, He is also a God of holiness and wrath.

Recommended Resource: Knowing God by J.I. Packer.

Comment

• ***Ang Realidad, pasama na ng pasama ang mundo…***
          (Kailan tayo kikilos kung hindi ngayon kalian pa? Patuloy ba tayong magbubulag-bulagan? nilagay ka ng Diyos diyan with purpose) Pls. click continue reading and share as you love God.

“Madami ang maagang nabubuntis at mga hiwalayan…” mga maruming pamumuhay tulad ng prostitusyon at sugal naghihirap na nga ang buhay… Sirang pamilya, nambubugbog ng asawa at may iba, ang mga bisyo na nakakasira sa katawan tulad ng alak at sigarilyo, mga pantasya at ilusyon na nakukuha sa kung ano anong mga di magagandang panoorin, Mga krimen na madalas na nangyayari, ang mga kalamidad, corruption, drugs at terrorismo… bakit ito nangyayari? Anong sanhi ng lahat ng ito?
          Sagot: kasalanan at ang pagsamba sa mga diyus-diyosan o ibang diyos, ang di pagkilala sa tunay at nag iisang Diyos na ESPIRITU AT KATOTOHANAN na Siyang dapat purihin ang Sambahin… ang pagbalewala sa Salita ng Diyos.

Kaibigan “kailangan mo si HESUS tanggapin mo Siya sa iyong puso bilang PANGINOON AT TANGING TAGAPAGLIGTAS…” kung nais mong mabago at ng kasagutan…

TUMAYO KA SA KATOTOHANAN KRISTIANO AT TAYO NA SA PAGBABAGO! sama-sama nating labanan ang masama kasama na ang piracy at ****ography… ibahagi si Hesus [ang ebanghelyo] at ang Kanyang Salita sa iba upang mapabuti sila ito ang kalooban ng Diyos, may panahon pa habang di pa bumabalik ang panahon…

Ikaw Kristiano nasaan ka na? kumusta na ang pananampalataya at buhay espiritual? Naging halimbawa ka ba sa iba lalo na sa mga kabataan? Or compromise ur faith para sa mga materyal na bagay? Tandaan natin na gagantimpalaan ng Diyos ang mga tapat Niyang lingkod kaya maging tapat ka sa Kanya at sa kapwa at kasama Niyang maghahari ang mga banal o ang Kanyang mga Anak;
          Ibabagsak Niya si Satanas at ang kaharian nito, ang mga ***tador at masasamang gobyerno, mga kultong relihiyon at ang mga di sumampalataya kay Kristo at itatapon sa lawa ng apoy at ito ang ikalawang kamatayan pang walang hanggan. (Revelation 20:15).

Kaya kaibigan may pag-asa pa ituwid na natin ang mga pagkakamali noon at pagsisihan ang ating mga kasalanan, tayo na at magkaisa [SA TUNAY NA PAGBABAGO AT KATWIRAN... PANANAMPALATAYA SA DIYOS AT ANG PAGLILINGKOD BAYAN O PAGTULONG SA KAPWA]… wag maging makasarili at pakitang tao lamang, “Simpleng buhay, kuntento sa anumang meron ka, have purpose in life and do your mission for God, lagi nating pag-aralan ang Bibliya, manalangin o ipanalangin ang bayan at mga pinuno, gawin natin ang tama… pagpapalain at iingatan tayo ng Diyos, basta magtiwala tayo sa Kanya anumang pagsubok o bagyong dumating sa ating buhay.

MARAMING SALAMAT PO SA PAGBABASA! PURIHIN ANG PANGINOONG HESUS AT MABUHAY ANG PILIPINAS!

[Note: WAG IBENTA ANGBOTO SA MGA CORRUPT NA PULITIKO… nawa’y makipag cooperate ang mga squatters para sa pagpapatayo pa ng mga business infrastructure for more employment at pagpapa unlad ng ekonomiya at sa pagpapalakas ng depensa ng bansa, to have more military weapon and technology and own defense missile system; LET US PRAY FOR FREEDOM AND DEMOCRACY IN NORTH KOREA AND SYRIA... TO ALL NATIONS...JUSTICE, HUMAN RIGHTS, SECURITY AND TRUE PEACE]

Romans 12:2(KJV)

2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

You’re invited to attend a Baptist Church near you for your spiritual growth and more inspirational preaching and truth of the Word of God…

Visit and click this link http://www.christianster.com/ctan/ht...untry=filipino for more fellowship and info.

LET US STAND ON THE TRUTH AND NOT COMPROMISE OUR FAITH... FIGHT WORLDLINESS AND SECULARISM!

ALSO SUPPORT SIN TAX BILL! SMOKING KILLS! SAVE MORE LIVES...

Comment

• Originally posted by James307 View Post
            @The_Ilest

i call fool and ignorant to those who show it... btw. it's not about product that i use but rather it's about faith... i paid for what i use... but in the matter of religion i will not change it... because this is the truth... and many intelligent people than you esp. theologians, scholars, archeologist and scientist who believe in God have study and prove this things...

in addition about the wicked kingdom who believe in false god.

"Why did God condone such terrible violence in the Old Testament?"

1. Answer: The fact that God commanded the killing of entire nations in the Old Testament has been the subject of harsh criticism from opponents of Christianity for some time. That there was violence in the Old Testament is indisputable. The question is whether Old Testament violence is justifiable and condoned by God. In his bestselling book The God Delusion, atheist Richard Dawkins refers to the God of the Old Testament as "a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser." Journalist Christopher Hitchens complains that the Old Testament contains a warrant for "indiscriminate massacre." Other critics of Christianity have leveled similar charges, accusing Yahweh of "crimes against humanity."

But are these criticisms valid? Is the God of the Old Testament a “moral monster” who arbitrarily commands genocide against innocent men, women, and children? Was His reaction to the sins of the Canaanites and the Amalekites a vicious form of "ethnic cleansing" no different from atrocities committed by the Nazis? Or is it possible that God could have had morally sufficient reasons for ordering the destruction of these nations?

A basic knowledge of Canaanite culture reveals its inherent moral wickedness. The Canaanites were a brutal, aggressive people who engaged in bestiality, incest, and even child sacrifice. Deviant sexual acts were the norm. The Canaanites’ sin was so repellent that God said, “The land vomited out its inhabitants” (Leviticus 18:25). Even so, the destruction was directed more at the Canaanite religion (Deuteronomy 7:3-5, 12:2-3) than at the Canaanite people per se. The judgment was not ethnically motivated. Individual Canaanites, like Rahab in Jericho, could still find that mercy follows repentance (Joshua 2). God's desire is that the wicked turn from their sin rather than die (Ezekiel 18:31-32, 33:11).

Besides dealing with national sins, God used the conquest of Canaan to create a religious/historical context in which He could eventually introduce the Messiah to the world. This Messiah would bring salvation not only to Israel, but also to Israel’s enemies, including Canaan (Psalm 87:4-6; Mark 7:25-30).

It must be remembered that God gave the Canaanite people more than sufficient time to repent of their evil ways—over 400 years (Genesis 15:13-16)! The book of Hebrews tells us that the Canaanites were "disobedient," a word that implies moral culpability on their part (Hebrews 11:31). The Canaanites were aware of God's power (Joshua 2:10-11, 9:9) and could have sought repentance. Except in rare instances, they continued their rebellion against God until the bitter end.

But didn't God also command the Israelites to kill non-combatants? The biblical record is clear that He did. Here again, we must remember that while it is true the Canaanite women did not fight, this in no way means they were innocent, as their seductive behavior in Numbers 25 indicates (Numbers 25:1-3). However, the question still remains: what about the children? This is not an easy question to answer but we must keep several things in mind. First, no human person (including infants) is truly innocent. The Scripture teaches that we are all born in sin (Psalm 51:5, 58:3). This implies that all people are morally culpable for Adam’s sin in some way. Infants are just as condemned from sin as adults are.

2. Second, God is sovereign over all of life and can take it whenever He sees fit. God, and God alone, can give life and God alone has the right to take it whenever He so chooses. In fact, He ultimately takes every person's life at death. It is not our life to begin with but God’s. While it is wrong for us to take a life, except in instances of capital punishment, war, and self-defense, this does not mean that it is wrong for God to do so. We intuitively recognize this when we accuse some person or authority who takes human life as "playing God." God is under no obligation to extend anyone's life for even another day. How and when we die is completely up to Him.

3. Third, an argument could be made that it would have been cruel for God to take the lives of all the Canaanites except the infants and children. Without the protection and support of their parents, the infants and small children were likely to face death anyway due to starvation. The chances of survival for an orphan in the ancient Near East were not good.

4. Finally, and most importantly, God may have provided for the salvation for those infants who would not have otherwise attained salvation if they had lived into adulthood. We must remember that the Canaanites were a barbarous and evil culture. If those infants and children had lived into adulthood, it is very likely they would have turned into something similar to their parents and been condemned to hell after they died. If all infants and young children who die before an age of moral accountability go straight to heaven (as we believe), then those children are in a far better place than if God had allowed them to live and grow to maturity in a depraved culture.

5. Surely the issue of God commanding violence in the Old Testament is difficult. However, we must remember that God sees things from an eternal perspective, and His ways are not our ways (Isaiah 55:8-9). The Apostle Paul tells us that God is both kind and severe (Romans 11:22). While it is true that God's holy character demands that sin be punished, His grace and mercy remain extended to those who are willing to repent and be saved. The Canaanite destruction provides us with a sober reminder that while our God is gracious and merciful, He is also a God of holiness and wrath.

Recommended Resource: Knowing God by J.I. Packer.

Well i would like to say thank you for providing me with the resource you get your knowledge from. I really do thank you. I have that book in my personal collection. I don't read it anymore. packer is a good theologian but he is really outdated. He had a rally some years ago in Canada denying evolution as the truth. So that is when i realized he was no good. That is when i came to the conclusion that packer is what i call a "evangelical liar seeking more popularity by saying things he hates but wants more followers."

ok, so now that i know that you are a Packar follower. Things are a lot easier.

1. Although, i get what you are saying. God commanded them to do it, etc. However, open your mind to new ideas. Lets go with your Nazi example, if the nazis would have said that they where commanded by god to kill the jews would it be fine? All religions have killed millions on behalf of their god/s. To say that your god was right to kill the Cannites, you must also say it was ok for the muslims to kill christians in the muslim crusades.

Furthermore, if the cannanites that where destroyed where so bad why are they not mentioned being in other writings or secular books.

im at work ill edit and finish my post later.

Comment

• Your blind base on history and facts... it's complete the explanation is base on our beliefs too... using article does not mean we have no explanation on it but note that ignorance are those who does not read it and study it...

we have same belief and no conspiracy about it it's about the truth that theologians, scientist and archeologist who are intelligent than you have study this things esp. those facts in the middle east and in the creation...

the script on different ages, the prophecies and the lost kingdom of satan... those who worship the gods and hate Israel and the TRUE GOD.

their attitude and their unjust acts... they were destroyed because of their unbeliefs and attacks on Israel.

Comment

• Originally posted by James307 View Post
                Your blind base on history and facts... .

Bulak James ?

Tagalugin mo na lang baka mapano ka pa eh. Pinoy lounge naman to. Problema na nya kung di sya marunong managalog.

Comment

• i lab u james...

Comment

• Originally posted by miron_lang View Post
                    Bulak James ?

Tagalugin mo na lang baka mapano ka pa eh. Pinoy lounge naman to. Problema na nya kung di sya marunong managalog.
                    Dinugo ba?

Sarap nga basahin ng mga inglis ni james pero kakahilo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
                      Dinugo ba?

Sarap nga basahin ng mga inglis ni james pero kakahilo.
                      para bang lambanog ang post niya.

Comment

Working...
                      X