No announcement yet.

Errol Christie

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Errol Christie

Former British, Commonwealth & European middleweight Champion Errol Christie is diagnosed with Lung Cancer..

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/new...ristie-8877175

Sad to hear. Hopefully he makes a full and SWIFT recovery.

I remember his barnburner with with Mark Kaylor. What a fight that was.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      Sad to hear. Hopefully he makes a full and SWIFT recovery.

I remember his barnburner with with Mark Kaylor. What a fight that was.
      Yes that was a fantastic and eagerly anticipated fight Bat. i actually had a very large wager on Kaylor to win, but he had to climb off the canvas twice leaving me without a fingernail before i collected my winnings. Great Fight!.. Lets all hope Errol makes a full recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
        Yes that was a fantastic and eagerly anticipated fight Bat. i actually had a very large wager on Kaylor to win, but he had to climb off the canvas twice leaving me without a fingernail before i collected my winnings. Great Fight!.. Lets all hope Errol makes a full recovery.
        Back then I was swappping tapes with a nice fella from Liverpool. In one of the tapes he had included Christie - Kaylor. A Pleasant surprise. Fantastic fight.

I only saw Christie one other time and that was against Michael Watson, but Christie was pretty much washed up by then as I recall it.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
          Let's hope it is a misdiagnosis.

Comment

Horrible form of cancer second only perhaps to Pancreatic....Wishing the best of luck to this gentleman and anyone else so stricken.

Comment

Working...
            X