No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Wants To Clean Out 160: Beat Martinez, Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chavez Wants To Clean Out 160: Beat Martinez, Golovkin

Former WBC middleweight champion Julio Caesar Chávez Jr. (46-1-1, 32KOs) is preparing for his ring return, planned for June 22 in either Mexico or Texas. Chavez vows to become the best fighter at 160-pounds and wants to beat both current WBC champion Sergio Martinez and WBA/IBO king Gennady Golovkin.

Chavez returns for the first time since losing a twelve round decision to Martinez last September in Las Vegas. After the match Chavez tested positive for marijuana and was handed a nine month suspension. Martinez faces Martin Murray on April 27th and Golovkin takes on Matthew Macklin on June 29th.

Chavez wants to face Martinez in a rematch at the end of the year, but WBC mandatory challenger Marco Antonio Rubio promises to prevent that match from taking place, because he says Martinez must face him next.

[Click Here To Read More]

Can he still make weight? I'd like to see him fight GGG.

Comment

Lol at Chavez trying to outdo Khanage for most ludicrous comments this week!

Julio you old rascal you.

Comment

We'll see about that.

Comment

well, JCC is still a heavy draw despite that loss

Comment

GGG will make JCC into a Good boy

Comment

If a rematch happens Chavez Jr will beat Martinez Chavez Jr vs GGG to me is a 50/50 fight

Comment

I'm not even mad. That's what a young star is supposed to do. I'd prefer him to fave GGG 1st and if he wins, he can try his luck with Martinez again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  I'm not even mad. That's what a young star is supposed to do. I'd prefer him to fave GGG 1st and if he wins, he can try his luck with Martinez again.
                  except for the fact jr doesnt belong at 160 and cant make the weight. what is he gonna ask each of them to fight him at a catchweight?

Comment

Chavez is right about Rubio. if Rubio insists on being a dick I really hope Martinez ends his career via first round ko

Comment

Working...
                    X