Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch Scandal: Admits To Prolonging a Fight For Bets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sure Haye said that he let his fight with Fraudly go to the thrid cos his friends and family had money on it and nothing was done about that! next story!

Comment

Why are people acting like this is no big deal? This is same as Refs/Players in NBA/NFL control the spread on the +/- by either not scoring or running up the score.

This is a huge problem, he is basically controlling the outcome of the fight for external sources to profit.

If this is true then I have lost all respect for Froch.

Chisora might have spit in Wlads face and Slap Vitali but he fought his heart out and didnt take a flop so his friends and family could profit from it.

What next? Froch decided to lose against Ward? Told all his family to bet on ward by UD?

Comment

I think the only reason this is a big deal is because it was a title fight. Lots of fighters stretch fights they were capable of finishing early in order to rack up more rounds of ring ecperience.

Comment

Originally posted by mrmojorisin1 View Post
          Now the ward beatdown all makes sense, his brother had 100 pounds on him.
          lol, the UD?

Comment

Originally posted by tripper View Post
            If the guy he's fighting isnt part of the bet or anythibg then its surely up to froch to stop him whenever he feels like it. If someone happens to have put a bet on it then so what. I sure as hell would do the same thing cause lets face it the bookies rape everyone else .
            The bookies don't rape everyone, only the idiots.

Like those who laid money on Amir Khan at 16-1 odds over Prescott or those that laid money on Amir Khan at 10-1 odds over Peterson.

People like me who laid money on the underdogs both times made thousands of dollars.

The people who bet on Khan cause they like him for his nationality or ethnic background... those are the people who get raped and make the bookies rich.

Comment

So what? JCC JR does that all the time. He could've KO'd John Duddy in > 3 rounds.

Comment

Smart move Froch, distance yourself from that comment and just be thankful you don't play cricket.

It wouldn't surprise if a lot of boxers do this type of thing, especially when they have gimme fights.

Comment

The press(british) really has an agenda against boxing it would seem. This is old, but they choose to bring it up now after the Haye -Chisora debacle.

Comment

Is this not about carl froch? Not amir khan. I made money off khan etting sparked from prescot due to his poor punch resistance at the weight. Plus i dont deal in dollars mate just pounds. I just mean who gives a fuk that he stopped a guy and his mates made money off it. I sure as hell dont

Comment

Originally posted by The_Golden_Boi View Post
                      He couldn't have known that he could've taken out a certain fighter in a certain amount of rounds, I box and some times I feel like I could school someone but I wouldn't say that I would definitely do it in a certain round, if you know what I mean.

He is just trying to big himself up now I think, I do like the guy though.
                      But you ain't Carl Froch boy!

When Carl loses, it's because he chose to lose. Everything Carl does, is because he chose it.

Comment

Working...
                      X