Collapse
No announcement yet.

espn thread....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

angel hernandez won round five. fight is tightening up.

hernandez keeps coming, mcgirt's job is to keep him off.

it's starting to be a halfway decent fight. mcgirt is up 3 rounds to 2.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
      it's ok if you are a casual fan. shobox is usually good. you can see guys before they become big.

espn doesn't have as good of matchups usually anyways.
      Originally it was supposed to be Saul Roman instead of Sanders. That would have been a nice matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by DarchinyFAN View Post
        Originally it was supposed to be Saul Roman instead of Sanders. That would have been a nice matchup.

Yeah it would have. Sometimes I get a little critical of people who don't watch every single fight, because I am a boxing freak.

You're right though, this ain't the greatest card.

I just have to watch them all.

Comment

ha ha ha! mcgirt wasnt planning for this!

Comment

I usually have my FNFs thread, but Im not into it tonight. originally they were scheduled to have Carlos Quintana vs Eromosele Albert I believe, which would have entertaining. I dont really feel like it tonight though

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
              I usually have my FNFs thread, but Im not into it tonight. originally they were scheduled to have Carlos Quintana vs Eromosele Albert I believe, which would have entertaining. I dont really feel like it tonight though
              another casual fan.

nah, i like to watch the development. at least it isn't a bum against a hot prospect although some people like that ****.
              shobox will be better. later.

but i want to see prospects work against old pros.

albert's head disturbs me.

quintana is better than a lot of people. his failures though were against stars. albert had a ridiculously long amateur career, maybe too long ala donald curry.

Comment

10th and final round coming up.

mcgirt may win but angel will make him work for it.

oughta be entertaining.

glenn johnson gave excellent advice about what mcgirt should do, although he hardly fights the same way.

Comment

the thing is, Eromosele Albert and Sanders are both pretty much just stepping stones. its not much of a main event, although Ill be watching it. never know when a great fight will emerge.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
                    the thing is, Eromosele Albert and Sanders are both pretty much just stepping stones. its not much of a main event, although Ill be watching it. never know when a great fight will emerge.
                    I hear ya bro. You never know.

Telefutura used to have some classics that you never thought would be.
                    But I agree on the main event.
                    A bit of a let down for sure.

Comment

I'm watching and you know this, just I have my TV in the living room right now and can't be posting. I'll be watching the Shobox card online since I want to see it live, I'll be on that thread later.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                      X