Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: SHO's Espinoza on Mayweather Deal: The Gap is Closed!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Risky.

All it takes is for Floyd to get KO'd once and all of his marketability goes out the window.

Showtime isn't going to make Floyd fight any young lions anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
      Risky.

All it takes is for Floyd to get KO'd once and all of his marketability goes out the window.

His first fight is against a young lion? WTF you talking about?

Floyd loses to Guerrero, Alvarez or whomever and the rematch would be huge.

Showtime doing good things...they stand to throw Jim Rome's ass out the corner, but I need better TV programming. Honestly, the boxing is secondary for me, because my wife and I subscribe to HBO because we garner most of our TV watching from HBO. True Blood, Game of Thrones, Veep, Maher, Girls and Boardwalk Empire. That's that type of programming that keeps us coming back. On regular TV, only Walking Dead keeps us glued.

Showtime needs to up its A-game. there was talk awhile back about them picking up the license to the comic "Chew"

That would be a hell of a start

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
        His first fight is against a young lion? WTF you talking about?

Floyd loses to Guerrero, Alvarez or whomever and the rematch would be huge.

Showtime doing good things...they stand to throw Jim Rome's ass out the corner, but I need better TV programming. Honestly, the boxing is secondary for me, because my wife and I subscribe to HBO because we garner most of our TV watching from HBO. True Blood, Game of Thrones, Veep, Maher, Girls and Boardwalk Empire. That's that type of programming that keeps us coming back. On regular TV, only Walking Dead keeps us glued.

Showtime needs to up its A-game. there was talk awhile back about them picking up the license to the comic "Chew"

That would be a hell of a start
        Guerrero a young lion...

yeah ok...

Comment

Yeah, because 29 year old Ghost is over the hill and past prime right?

smh.

Risky.

Comment

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
            Yeah, because 29 year old Ghost is over the hill and past prime right?

smh.
            I guess beating a ring rusted and overrated Andre Berto makes you a young lion.

3 fights ago he was a LW. Now people are calling him a young lion at WW?

Guerrero has mediocre power. The biggest name on his resume is Joel Casamayor.

Young? At 29, not really.

Lion? Not even close.

Comment

What else you gonna call him? A old, over the hill, past prime WW? Are you for real?

Please supply us with a list of 'young lions at WW' that Floyd should be fighting.

I guess beating a ring rusted and overrated Andre Berto makes you a young lion.

3 fights ago he was a LW. Now people are calling him a young lion at WW?

Guerrero has mediocre power. The biggest name on his resume is Joel Casamayor.

Young? At 29, not really.

Lion? Not even close.

Comment

HBO still got Bernard Hopkins headlining main event fights in 2013. HBO should be ashamed of they damn selves

Comment

What else you gonna call him? A old, over the hill, past prime WW? Are you for real?

Please supply us with a list of 'young lions at WW' that Floyd should be fighting.
                  There are no young lions in the 147 division.

The 147 division is so weak that Floyd has to fight former LW's

There are young lions in JWW and JMW division.

Floyd only fights guys that will jump two divisions though.

Comment

Then how the phuck would Showtime "make Floyd fight any young lions anytime soon."

And that former LW is his phucking mandatory, genius.

Re: fights guys jumping two divisions, at least Floyd isn't getting turned into a stepped on fetal duck egg by them.

There are no young lions in the 147 division.

The 147 division is so weak that Floyd has to fight former LW's

There are young lions in JWW and JMW division.

Floyd only fights guys that will jump two divisions though.

Comment

Then how the phuck would Showtime "make Floyd fight any young lions anytime soon."

And that former LW is his phucking mandatory, genius.

Re: fights guys jumping two divisions, at least Floyd isn't getting turned into a stepped on fetal duck egg by them.
                      No Danny Garcia, No Lucas Matthysse, No Canelo, No Martirosyan any time soon.

Young lions within a 7lb division from Mayweather.

That mandatory stuff doesn't mean **** to a guy like Floyd. When you're the top guy in Boxing you can pick your fights at your own leisure.

Comment

Working...
                      X