Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvin Hagler vs Gennady Golovkin? What a war that would be!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GGG after fight with Hagler

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      While I don't think Haggler's style is the ideal one to beat Golovkin, his skills were enough to get the win. I do think Genady would be able to work his game, cot off the ring, and pin him down. But, once you have Marvin in a corner or against the ropes, it almost puts you at a disadvantage. I think Marvin would be defensively smart enough to stay alive and would put on a hurtin' in the process. It would be a shock to Golovkin who hasn't dealt with a fighter who can slip and fire back like Haggler could. After a few rounds, Golovkin would slow considerably and start getting picked off en route to the losing side of a decision.
      Hagler could fight on the inside and outside. Golovkin's inside game is weak and he would find himself backing up.

The body punches and counters would leave Golovkin an exhausted, beaten, and likely a swollen bloody mess from the amount of times Hagler would tag him.

This is an easy matchup to evaluate.

Comment

how to make people hate golovkin:
        compare him with another top boxer active or not. hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          While I don't think Haggler's style is the ideal one to beat Golovkin, his skills were enough to get the win. I DO think Genady would be able to work his game, cut off the ring, and pin him down. But, once you have Marvin in a corner or against the ropes, it almost puts you at a disadvantage. I think Marvin would be defensively smart enough to stay alive and would put on a hurtin' in the process. It would be a shock to Golovkin who hasn't dealt with a fighter who can slip and fire back like Haggler could. After a few rounds, Golovkin would slow considerably and start getting picked off en route to the losing side of a decision.
          Pin down an exceptional inside fighter, good luck with that

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
            Hagler could fight on the inside and outside. Golovkin's inside game is weak and he would find himself backing up.

The body punches and counters would leave Golovkin an exhausted, beaten, and likely a swollen bloody mess from the amount of times Hagler would tag him.

This is an easy matchup to evaluate.
            I disagree, Golovkin has a good inside game.

I see him clowning Hagler for periods, making him miss and making him pay.

The stoppage is very likely!

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
              Pin down an exceptional inside fighter, good luck with that
              That's what I find funny because Hagler wouldn't run from Golovkin. He would engage, slip, and counter with punches infinitely harder than Willie Monroe Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
                I disagree, Golovkin has a good inside game.

I see him clowning Hagler for periods, making him miss and making him pay.

The stoppage is very likely!
                No, he doesn't and it showed against an inexperienced middleweight last night.

He needs distance to throw his punches. When he didn't get that he looked ordinary.

Comment

This is a ****ing joke right?

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                    No, he doesn't and it showed against an inexperienced middleweight last night.

He needs distance to throw his punches. When he didn't get that he looked ordinary.
                    I see it being similar to Hopkins vs Trinidad (Golovkin as Hopkins) GGG just too skilled and has too elusive head movement.

Hagler's speed isn't impressive at all!

Comment

If ggg leans in with his head like he's done against willie and Murray it's going to be a long night for him and he's going to get hurt. If he fights how he did the first two rounds, controlling the distance and keeping him on the end of his punches, he'd do we'll.

Comment

Working...
                      X