No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Weights: Manny Pacquiao 144.6, Antonio Margarito 150

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oaba09 View Post
    Pac better use his speed well tomorrow.....Trading blows with margarito is a death wish...
    by looking at how low pac's weight is, they are going to move move move and only fight it out and trade when trapped or cornered ...

I will be very surprised if PAC trades and do rope a dope ...

Comment

• Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
      by looking at how low pac's weight is, they are going to move move move and only fight it out and trade when trapped or cornered ...

I will be very surprised if PAC trades and do rope a dope ...
      Pac's gonna fight Marg the way he did ODLH.

Comment

• this will be a great fight Pac will need speed and focus and Margarito... try to hit him and slow him down!

Comment

• Originally posted by crillz View Post
          you know what's funny I expected Manny to be 148 too just like in the De La Hoya fight but I can't lie 144 baffled me, he's weighing in at what Juan Manuel Marquez against Floyd but against a bigger man naturally than Floyd, I may not like Margarito but I can put my bias aside when it's in the interests of fairness and truth and the truth is that like him or hate him he is still a threat, Manny will whip his ass still I believe but I was really surprised he came in so low..

lolz @ the bold part..
          144 is perfect for Pac IMO. Only time coming in at 144 would be such a big deal is IF he was fighting a REAL threat and true 154 lb'er for a legit title. Example: If Martinez (same size as Margarito) was the one Pac was fighting than it would be an issue. Since this is a very slow, "exposed" power or lack of, ring rusted fighter, there will be no threat of any kind as they knew this going into the fight. They "selected" the right guy for the right "catched" title at the right weight to (as I have been saying from DAY ONE) make Pac look good....

Mayweather wont, PWILL wont, Martinez wont. Hell Berto might not even make Pac look good let alone JMM, Bradley, Alexander and even Kirkland....

Thanks to Top Rank we get talks of Cotto II or a rematch with Margarito... yet we can bash Mayweather for technically beating a guy Pac didn't even want to look at from 141-147 who was considered THE MAN to beat at 147 since he literally destroyed the "man" Pac is about to fight tonight (for a laughable title)?

Why do we hold such low standards for Pac?

Comment

• Originally posted by PAKYO View Post
            Pac's gonna fight Marg the way he did ODLH.
            your right bro I think they will have a similar game plan ...

Comment

• Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
              your right bro I think they will have a similar game plan ...
              Even that Hoya who wasn't seriously hurt by Pac will be more of a threat than Margarito. Hoya WAS a bad a$$ in his day. He took a lot of hard shots from Pac but didn't have the energy to continue the 12 round beating that would have resulted in a UD in favor of Pac.

When its all done and said, Hoya will have put up a better fight than Margarito who's too slow, has no movement, his chin is in question, his power is in question and his stamina is in question. Being ring rusted and fighting a bum in lack luster pathetic fight in Mexico didnt answer anything.

I think the game plan will be the same too. Speed, in and out movements with non stop shots coming from all angles. Again, this is a perfectly "picked" fight to make Pac look good.

Comment

• I can't get excited about this fight. I think Margarito is shot and I've thought that from the get.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
                  I can't get excited about this fight. I think Margarito is shot and I've thought that from the get.
                  I'm not excited either. I'm not even watching it. I will read about it though. I'm looking forward to next weekend as I will watch the Pac Marg for free and watch Martinez Pwill II LIVE.

Comment

Working...
                  X