No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin Tests Positive For Meldonium, Wilder Title Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
    I'd tell you to grow up but you are old enough.

ALL athletes take a daily ****tail of god knows what, from multivitamins to medicines to PEDs.

This is a perfect example of a 'drug' being just that for 40 years and suddenly becoming a PED once someone deemed it to be one, right or wrong is irrelevant here.

BTW I'm team Wilder on this one.
    So what if athletes are on daily *****? If they get caught it becomes a discussion, that's what life is about so grow up a bit mate, no one is claiming it's a PED stop diverting the issue or my comments here.

Again why were they using this drug? It was suppose to be a medication for a severe heart condition, no one claim it was minerals or vitamin. I don't give a shet about Wilder and am still hoping Povetkin takes his head off. But am calling it like I see it.

why use the drug in the first place when you have NO heart condition.... That's the answers that I want to hear.

Comment

He could not have used it recently because the trace is only 70 nano, is that is indeed true.

And as someone mentioned already, 70 nano is a small enough margin to be within margin of error hence the other clean tests.
      That's the amount his promoter said was in his system. But according to WADA guidelines, you don't pop positive for that amount. So yea, I don't believe that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        And? Are they taking the drug because they suffer from a heart condition? Because according to all those Russian athletes like Maria sharapova they all do right ? It is irrelevant and a poor excuse with that "The drug was legal in December shet", the true is they all found a loophole and exploit that loophole, they took the drug to gain an advantage not because they suffer from a heart condition which was the actual use of that medicine.
        Thats not the point, its not VADAs role to find out if the drug is legal in what ever area and regulating whether a fighter has the right to take it in their countries, etc.

Comment

ALL athletes take a daily ****tail of god knows what, from multivitamins to medicines to PEDs.
          Just cuz you get caught doing something "everyone" is doing don't make you less guilty.

Comment

• Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
            Either way he was using **** that you cant.
            Well as it stands, he was using it when it was still legal if we look at the scientific evidence so far.

Wilder should take this fight and try to Szpilka his ass.

Comment

• If this is just the sharapova drug then this story is nothing. It was legal when he took it so the fight will go ahead.........................Too bad wilder, you dont get out of a beating, and back to feasting on your usual diet of bums, this easily.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                So what are you implying Russian athletes have more occurrences of heart & vascular diseases?

Although I will agree with you the banning of this substance is questionable as a person critical of the banned substance list in general. I'd like to believe there is more science oriented reasoning with adding things to the banned substance list. This substance just seemed to be banned cuz a lot of athletes were on it, most notably Russian athletes. Occum's razor says this substance does something for sure doe, but I still don't approve of why it was added to the list if I'm being honest.
                It was added to the list because all these athletes with zero heart condition were abusing it. It gives you an increase stamina according to medics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                  That's the amount his promoter said was in his system. But according to WADA guidelines, you don't pop positive for that amount. So yea, I don't believe that.
                  Is it confirmed VADA/WADA only considers this a positive result if its 1.0 micrograms? If so good point. I musta missed or overlooked that in this now lengthy thread if it was already posted.

Comment

Well as it stands, he was using it when it was still legal if we look at the scientific evidence so far.

Wilder should take this fight and try to Szpilka his ass.
                    Oh shut the **** up man. The only reason he was using that drug was to enhance his performance. Open you ****ing eyes you biased c*nt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      Thats not the point, its not VADAs role to find out if the drug is legal in what ever area and regulating whether a fighter has the right to take it in their countries, etc.
                      Never claim it was VADA role, not sure why that is even irrelevant to this thread. My main point has been pointed out many times, these athletes who are using this drug are obviously using it to gain an advantage. They don't have a heart condition, even if they do the drug was suppose to be use on a short term. They obviously found a loophole till the drug got added to the ban list. It's legal cheating in a way. It's not creatine or vitamins, this is a drug that is use to treat a heart condition but somehow these athletes were encourage to use it because it gives them other strengths in a different department. Unless Povetkin also has a heart defect if so I apologies.

Comment

Working...
                      X