Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The AlexKid 'questions about punchers, chins, hiprotation etc.' superduper thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oscar de la hoya carried his power pretty well.. Started at 130 and was still stopping guys at 154

nontio doņaire also has kept his power for the most part

Comment

• Originally posted by Beyonce Bomber View Post
      Haye is indeed a pretty good example. Probably the hardest punching cruiserweight to fight at heavy and have success there. Unlike a lot of cruiserweights, the added muscle Haye was able to put on really upped his punching power without sacrificing his speed. Adamek in comparison was a horrible featherfist despite regularly knocking guys down at LHW and CW.

Huck also carried his power up the one time he fought a prominent heavyweight in Povetkin. Povetkin's got a very good jaw, and Huck was regularly rocking him bad, and nearly had him out of there in the final round. Povetkin was left literally reeling on his feet.
      Yep.

Huck was terrific in his fight with Pov and very unlucky to not get the win.

I think Haye has slowed down a lot now, did you see you see his last fight? But that power is still there and him versus guys like Wilder, Pov and Fury will be very interesting. If those fights ever happen lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        Oscar de la hoya carried his power pretty well.. Started at 130 and was still stopping guys at 154

Oscar is a great example, can't believe I forgot him.

Donaire I'm not so sure about.

Comment

• Naseem Hamed from bantamweight, featherweight....punching power got stronger, could have gone all the way up to MW but Barrera took his confidence

ODLH, no deterioration had natural power that didn't fade, but his other skills did by the time he met pac and may....i believe if he had the same speed as he did he would have KOd pac EASILY

George Foreman, started at flyweight, moved to featherweight, moved to middleweight, then LH and then HW...punching power dipped slightly than when he was FW but all in all had amazing KO power

Comment

• Originally posted by fanofslug View Post
            Naseem Hamed from bantamweight, featherweight....punching power got stronger, could have gone all the way up to MW but Barrera took his confidence

ODLH, no deterioration had natural power that didn't fade, but his other skills did by the time he met pac and may....i believe if he had the same speed as he did he would have KOd pac EASILY

George Foreman, started at flyweight, moved to featherweight, moved to middleweight, then LH and then HW...punching power dipped slightly than when he was FW but all in all had amazing KO power
            Are you starving for attention? Why do you waste peoples time with idiotic posts like this?

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              Oscar is a great example, can't believe I forgot him.

Donaire I'm not so sure about.
              Well the guy was a big puncher thru 3 divisions 115,118,122.. And at feather, he hasn't lit the world on fire, but seems to have above average pop and can drop a guy..

Though he has spanned less than 16 lbs, it is multiple divisions, so I give him the benefit of the doubt

Comment

• Is Tim Bradley the only dude in history that gained more power going up in weight???

Comment

Oscar de la hoya carried his power pretty well.. Started at 130 and was still stopping guys at 154

oscar sure did have power also fought very good competion

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
                    only because cus fed him so much he easily could have been a cruiserweight, perhaps he was better suited to it, think what he would have done to it, tillhe met holyfield

you know the big kids at school etc the medium one the small, well its not just genetics sometime the only reson a kid is beefy is because his parents feed him too much

My mate was huge, bigger than the teachers at 14, I went round his house and all his pets are abnormally large chunkey and beefy, its because his mother over fed them all because she liked making sure everyone and everything is totally full up
                    can you ban yourself? Or can someone just ban this guy he's gotta be an alt

Comment

Is Tim Bradley the only dude in history that gained more power going up in weight???
                      Lol what? Bradley has 2 stoppages in 8 fights across a period of 3-4 years. He hasn't even been knocking guys down. Just going off the Rios fight is a bit excessive.

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                      Well the guy was a big puncher thru 3 divisions 115,118,122.. And at feather, he hasn't lit the world on fire, but seems to have above average pop and can drop a guy..

Though he has spanned less than 16 lbs, it is multiple divisions, so I give him the benefit of the doubt
                      Fair enough but the jump from 115-122 isn't exactly huge but yeah , he did have terrific power for a while. I guess some of his ordinary performances in recent years has been down to guys matching him for size and his speed decreasingly drastically.

Comment

Working...
                      X